ScubaBoard divers age group

Diver survey ... which age group are you?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanksforallthefish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:coffee:verrrry interrrresting:popcorn:
It would be interesting to have one of these for the age you started diving:blinking:

Awesome thread idea. I have a feeling we'll see generally an older population. Diving just doesn't seem to be really on the radar for people in my generation (I'm 21). I suppose the costs probably don't help matters ...

diving can get expensive....I've spent well over 400k dollars on it so far---& still spending, lol......

This may be an interesting poll, 2 spikes so far 30-40 & 50-60 (I'm here).

I think this:

20-30 Can't afford and too much party time
30-40 Make enough money and kids are not in the picture
40-50 Kid's occupy your life
50-60 Kids gone and you are hopefully not in the poor house
60-70 Grand kids & pets

Although I checked 60-69 I usually say 31 with 31 years experience. I try to think young but my body sometimes tells me otherwise.

Mike

I'm in the 30-39 range, but with one daughter and one on the way, it looks like they're going to be occupying as significant portion of my life for the next 18+ years.

Six more years before I can get the older one certified...she already swims like a fish!

1. kids
2. cost of kids

When kids became self sufficient, I could afford diving better---and didn't feel guiltly for spending time doing it.

Im in the 30-39 bracket as of this october, which means I was in the 20-29 bracket when I started. And yep, I did buy all my gear when I was in the "less money to spend" bracket.. But I had more than average money to spend for someone in their 20s as well as I had some decent jobs and side incomes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom