Scuba Toys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ordered a New dive bag online from Scuba toys last week. They called me the same day to inform me that they did not have the bag in stock, that they would be getting the new shipment by the end of the week. By that thursday, I got an E-mail saying it had shipped. UPS dropped it of this morning, it's in perfect shape. I also agree that Larry and crew will get me business in the future.

I Have delt with my local LDS and have bought from Leisurepro as well, neither of these two have impressed me with what I have heard and seen for myself from Scubatoys.

Marek K:
I think any good retailer -- whether ScubaToys, or LeisurePro, or whoever -- will have and is entitled to have an occasional customer-service glitch. The question is, was the problem systemic -- like consistently bad service. Or did it show bad faith -- like if the retailer refused to reasonable make things right.

Of course, if it's a customer's first and only experience with that retailer, then the customer has had 100% bad experiences.

Nobody's perfect. I too had a small problem once with ScubaToys -- can't even remember what it was... a return not credited, or something forgotten to be shipped... but it was definitely just a glitch that got straightened out. I wouldn't hesitate using ScubaToys again (and have); nor hesitate in recommending them.

--Marek
I don't think you should compare scuba toys to leisure pro. Call the manufacturers or check out the warranty info on the Dive rite website...understand I have had many sad faced customers in our dive shop begging for help with something they purchased from leisure pro ( not authorized dealers or manufacturer supported ) for much of what they sell. Never had those kinds of problems with any other shop in California, Texas or Florida or anywhere. I have never heard of such B.S. as L.P. pulls out of their A. Please....Leisure Pro not even in the same class. And believe me I would not ever say anything at all about this post if I didn't have personal experience in the matter. Again, I ask you to Call any Manufacturer and ask them for their honest response on who provides a full service web store with knowledgable staff as opposed to the black market non-warranty, no air fill, no training provided, clearing house for last years models, unassembled equipment and other scuba bumbling. Scuba toys is a whole different class. You can get real dive shop needs filled there. Stop in and see for yourself. Then if you are in New York try the other place, see what you get...nothing resembling a dive shop fer shure. My one cents.

Hollywoodivers:
I don't think you should compare scuba toys to leisure pro. Call the manufacturers or check out the warranty info on the Dive rite website...understand I have had many sad faced customers in our dive shop begging for help with something they purchased from leisure pro ( not authorized dealers or manufacturer supported ) for much of what they sell. Never had those kinds of problems with any other shop in California, Texas or Florida or anywhere. I have never heard of such B.S. as L.P. pulls out of their A. Please....Leisure Pro not even in the same class. And believe me I would not ever say anything at all about this post if I didn't have personal experience in the matter. Again, I ask you to Call any Manufacturer and ask them for their honest response on who provides a full service web store with knowledgable staff as opposed to the black market non-warranty, no air fill, no training provided, clearing house for last years models, unassembled equipment and other scuba bumbling. Scuba toys is a whole different class. You can get real dive shop needs filled there. Stop in and see for yourself. Then if you are in New York try the other place, see what you get...nothing resembling a dive shop fer shure. My one cents.

Yes, Leisure Pro is the outfit every other dive shop loathes. Competition is so unfair! Is that why you want us to ask "any" manufacturer? Not sure you would like some answers. Never mind it's a question of your choosing. At any rate, Larry of Scuba Toys spends a good deal of time here promoting his business and taking care of customers - not disparaging the competition......Hhhmm?

But, biased comparisons and disparaging remarks are an integral tatic used by some manufacturers and retail dealers, going as far as including them in their policy statements and warranties.

I don't believe I have seen LP employing disparaging deceitful tactics. Maybe I"m just not aware of them and someone can point them out. Maybe some sales personnel use them. I don't know, share your info.

It may be the case, especially for some products, that one should have knowledge of the equipment being purchased. But this is always the case.

You mention a diver can get real dive shop needs filled at ST and presumably not at LP. What about divers needs. Why should I let any particular dive shop determine what my needs and best interests are? Seems to me LP is filling many diver's needs, and so is ST, as well as your shop - from many a diver's perspective.

I bought all of my gear at Scubatoys and I love those Boys at Scubatoys!! They were very professional and worked with me to fit my budget and answered all of my questions. They also cut me a great deal and I had researched everything I wanted to purchase so I was familiar with brands, pricing etc.
They are awesome.

Shangrl:
I bought all of my gear at Scubatoys and I love those Boys at Scubatoys!! They were very professional and worked with me to fit my budget and answered all of my questions. They also cut me a great deal and I had researched everything I wanted to purchase so I was familiar with brands, pricing etc.
They are awesome.

I 2nd that...

I just bought some stuff from scuba Toys last week, it arrived this week. Great service, great prices, great people.

Talked to Larry on the phone. He said he prefers that people call him. He's a super nice guy.

If you are looking at buying some stuff, I would recommend giving them a call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom