Scuba Toys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaToys is top rate and they have good service. I sent our regs in for maintenance, they got a little behind and they were very professional and serviced my regs for no charge and got them back to me as soon as possible. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

You definitely won't go wrong with Larry & Joe

Sorry, but I beg to differ.

There are other on-line sites that offer good prices, manufacturer warranties and BETTER service. My experience with Scubatoys has been less than satisfactory.

Keep looking around.

My 2 cents.

Doc Harry:
Sorry, but I beg to differ.

There are other on-line sites that offer good prices, manufacturer warranties and BETTER service. My experience with Scubatoys has been less than satisfactory.

Keep looking around.

My 2 cents.

1st negative comment on ScubaToys, and from a spelunker no less. :05:

Doc, what went wrong?

Kevfin:
1st negative comment on ScubaToys, and from a spelunker no less. :05:

Doc, what went wrong?

Tried to sell me an obviously well-used, scratched, scuffed oxygen analyzer as a new analyzer at new retail price.

Thankfully they replaced the used analyzer with a new one after I complained.

I bought a wing from them a few weeks ago. I had the wing in a couple of days and they were as helpful as can be. They will get more business from me.

I think any good retailer -- whether ScubaToys, or LeisurePro, or whoever -- will have and is entitled to have an occasional customer-service glitch. The question is, was the problem systemic -- like consistently bad service. Or did it show bad faith -- like if the retailer refused to reasonable make things right.

Of course, if it's a customer's first and only experience with that retailer, then the customer has had 100% bad experiences.

Nobody's perfect. I too had a small problem once with ScubaToys -- can't even remember what it was... a return not credited, or something forgotten to be shipped... but it was definitely just a glitch that got straightened out. I wouldn't hesitate using ScubaToys again (and have); nor hesitate in recommending them.

--Marek

Doc Harry:
Tried to sell me an obviously well-used, scratched, scuffed oxygen analyzer as a new analyzer at new retail price.

Thankfully they replaced the used analyzer with a new one after I complained.

Doc... we did not try to sell you a well-used analyzer. We don't sell any used gear. We only have one we use for our testing, and don't have any other used ones. It inevitably came from the vendor like that... perhaps they had a return that got into our stock.

So if you want to accuse me of something, please don't make it "tried to sell me used..." because that is not true. If you want to say "they didn't check the unit carefully enough before sending it out to me..." I'll plead guilty.

And saying "Thankfully..." makes it sound as if you are surprised that we stood behind our products. With the time you have on the board here, have you ever seen a situation where we didn't?? Yes, as soon as you notified us that it looked like a used unit, we sent out a new one, and a pre-paid return slip for the other.

I'm sorry that happened, but the way I look at life, an honest mistake is always possible. With the volume of product we ship, occasionally something will go wrong. The true test is how it is dealt with, and I'll hang my hat on our solving of problems when they do infrequently occur.

Again, my apologies for the mistake, glad to know we did remedy that situation right away, and if you ever want to get something in the future, I invite you to call me direct so I can help in any way.

delbuort:
I've only been on this board a couple days now, but I'm guessing since I'm seeing Scuba Toys ads all over they're going to get a pretty good recommendation for them? I'm looking at buying a new reg from them so I'm just trying to find out a little info first. Classic quesiton: "Can I buy with confidence?" :06:

I have made several purchases from Scuba Toys and find them to be top notch. Good customer service seems to their utmost concern and they will do most anything to make sure you are satisfied. I never hesitate to deal with them.

Happy Diving!!!!

scubatoys:
I'm sorry that happened, but the way I look at life, an honest mistake is always possible. With the volume of product we ship, occasionally something will go wrong. The true test is how it is dealt with, and I'll hang my hat on our solving of problems when they do infrequently occur.

Again, my apologies for the mistake, glad to know we did remedy that situation right away, and if you ever want to get something in the future, I invite you to call me direct so I can help in any way.
A classy answer, Larry. That's just one reason why you're The Man!!

I have purchased several times from Scubatoys.com and each time has been issue free. My last purchase was shipped 3 hours after I clicked submit...I went to the web cam on thier web site and I could swear that I saw them packaging it up ;-). Fantastic operation!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom