Scuba Toys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Monday I ordered a few things from Joe. The order included 2 Princeton Tec Shockwave LED lights. $99.00 ea. The order arrived on Wednesday. The switch on one of the lights was broken off inside the cannister. Thursday morning I called and got Blake on the phone.

I told him the light was broken. His first question was "When is your next diving trip?" I said December 3rd. Blake said okay so I don't need to overnight the replacement to you.

How's that for service? I call it Outstanding!!!

Don

I haven't ordered a lot from them..........yet. But what dealings I have had with them is A+++. Very personable and very willing to bend over backwards with all customers. Larry has a philosophy that makes perfect sense for a business man who wants to be successful "make a customer not a sale". These guys are a class act.

I must say, I'm impressed with how many positive responses I've seen on here and out of all the responses, only one negative.

Larry, I liked your response to the negative comment also. Gives me a lot more confidence in dealing with someone on the internet I've never met before. Thanks.

How good is Scubatoys.com?

I ordered a full set of equipment from Larry and got top gear from a top shop for a top price, LiesurePro eat your heart out. Also he didn't get toooo freaked out when I said I loved him and asked him to move in with me. So either Larry is very kinky or goes the extra mile, I forgot which one of these was my point here?

In summary: VERY GOOD!

Gordo

I bought quite a bit of gear from them mainly because they
are my LDS and they actually have ALOT of merchandise in
stock that I coult actually touch, feel, and try on. The fact
they have such great prices was icing on the cake!

I actually discovered Scuba Toys by shear accident.
(Before I even knew of this forum). I live in Dallas
and was visiting local shops looking for a place to get certified.
After walking in the door and talking with Larry for a while
nothing else compared. His inventory dwarfs all the other shops
we visited. When my wife and I were deciding
on equipment, Larry spent a few hours with us
helping us try on lots of different gear and explaining all kinds
of stuff to us. The personal attention was incredible.
All the guys there are easy going, very helpful, and Larry and Joe
are fantastic to work with. In fact, Larry loaned me the Plazma
shorty you see in my avatar, while I was waiting for my wetsuit to come in.
He called it the "Power Ranger" suit.

--- bill

delbuort:
I must say, I'm impressed with how many positive responses I've seen on here and out of all the responses, only one negative.

Larry, I liked your response to the negative comment also. Gives me a lot more confidence in dealing with someone on the internet I've never met before. Thanks.

You havent met Larry!? Well, delbuort meet Larry..Larry meet delbuort. You wont go wrong with scubatoys. Happy diving :)

I have purchased gear from Larry several times for great prices and terrific service. I do, however purchase more from my LDS because they have great prices and service too. My LDS knows I but from Scuba toys and actually encourages me to purchase from them when they can't get near some of Larry's prices. So give your LDS a chance too.

I actually do like my LDS, almost all of them (there's a few owners out there I don't care much for), but the stuff I want from them is usually way overpriced. From time-to-time I can catch a nice deal but only about once a year if I'm lucky. Everything seems a little too expensive here in northern California so I like to shop around. And, from what I've seen, it's hard to beet Scubatoys' prices.

The internet has made competition fierce in all markets, none more than scubadiving equipment. While you may use a search resource like DIVEBOOTY to find a lower price, how they service your order is an important factor. I ordered several items from all over nation on the same day and the scubatoys order made it my house first.
They must have shipped it out the same day I placed the order.

I think it is worth noting that while Leisurepro has very low prices, they do not claim to ship merchandise on Fridays. And I have noticed that LP does not always ship on the day of order.

So, the bottom line is- you get what you pay for!

I can recommend Scubatoys because they have treated me right and they have good prices.

I ordered a Bare wetsuit from ScubaToys a few months back. I dont remember who I spoke with on the phone (sorry), but he was very helpfull with my sizing questions. S.T. beat any other price, and I received my wetsuit (that fit pefectly, I might add) within 3-4 days. Larry and crew get my vote!

Back
Top Bottom