Scuba tank and Air tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great for cleaning computers, clean dry, an uber DustOFF can.

Remember that the CF (80?) of the cylinder is at 1 ATM. If you start pulling 60 PSI or so for tools you have more like 20 CF

BC Inflator connection is too much of a restriction. I just cut off a low pressure hose, feed in a 3/8" barb quick disconnect, plug my standard 100' nail gun hose in it, and go to town. I've nailed off an entire roof with a Hitachi Coil nailer with a set of doubles.

If it's a finish nailer, you'll need to turn the IP down, or you'll start killing o-rings in the nailgun. 23gauge brad nailers don't like 140psi. :)
Found out the hard way.

Results time:

Short answer is it works

Though a Single 80 did not have enough SCFM for operate my impact wrench (5CFM @ 90PSI) the Air ratchet worked fine (3cfm@90psi) with the original setup.

In the end I doubled the supply 2x80cuf 2 old regulators (one Blizzard & one conshelf) that mate into a Omniswivle 2-1 adaptor I had lying around, this then converts down the 1/4NPT into the in line Air Regulators for Air tools.

This setup operates my impact wrench with no issues :) I think the flow issues is at the tank valve and not the regulators/Fittings (I am not using any BC QD)

I think I'll end up taking the plunge on a compressor in the future, but this allows the use of air tools without one for the time being.

For the commercial use you use a nitrogen industrial bottle which is a higher fill than a scuba tank legally. you can also get an industrial air bottle also, for long time use nitrogen is better in tool.

When in occupied office buildings during there work hours it needs to be quite.

For a snapon impact gun the industrial bottle works wonderfully for a long time as you have the proper gauges for maxium output.

Industrial air bottles will blow up 6000 pillow bags or bigger very fast, as when working underwater you must make use of time, especially when doing Deep dive jobs.

I do use scuba tanks and they run guns and small tools just fine.

All things being equal, I wonder if most DIN valves would deliver more? It seems so.

Pete

Results time:

Short answer is it works

Though a Single 80 did not have enough SCFM for operate my impact wrench (5CFM @ 90PSI) the Air ratchet worked fine (3cfm@90psi) with the original setup.

In the end I doubled the supply 2x80cuf 2 old regulators (one Blizzard & one conshelf) that mate into a Omniswivle 2-1 adaptor I had lying around, this then converts down the 1/4NPT into the in line Air Regulators for Air tools.

This setup operates my impact wrench with no issues :) I think the flow issues is at the tank valve and not the regulators/Fittings (I am not using any BC QD)

I think I'll end up taking the plunge on a compressor in the future, but this allows the use of air tools without one for the time being.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom