Scuba Shack's Boat Get Wet Sinks in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh my ... this board eats its own again ... and you guys wonder why information on diving accidents is so hard to come by? Why would anyone possibly want to post factual information here?

I know if I were involved in an accident, I would never post about it on ScubaBoard, regardless of my involvement of what I know.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, there is an uninspected Get Wet also in Florida, with FL numbers FL6142DC, and it is also a dive boat. It's summary of CG contacts is available here: Funny that there are 2 boats with the same name operating in the same area? Must be confusing as all get out.
Yes there are two dive vessels in Key Largo named the "Get Wet". One run by Scuba Shack, the other is Silent World's second vessel. Maybe Chris can clarify the linked registration.

posts seem to be deleted.

voodoo gas mans last post was deleted.

seems my last post was deleted also referencing that bmsr had removed his post.....

:popcorn:

:hm:

Posts referencing somebody's newest friend/coworker get deleted?

DeepSix2.jpg

Found this through Google images - pic name is "Key Largo Scuba Shack Deep Six 2"

Posts referencing somebody's newest friend/coworker get deleted?

get your tin foil ready...;

foil_hat.jpeg

jax:
Found this through Google images - pic name is "Key Largo Scuba Shack Deep Six 2"

the pics/content is still there on his site. All he did was edit his first page.

The Google descriptor for the image above is ""Get Wet". A custom 30 ft. Burpee dive boat for a private charter feel."

However, aren't those front rail posts about 2" apart? So the front rail part is about 12'?

Then the railing at the back is about 4-5' apart . . . I'm seeing this as 24' boat . . . Anyone? :idk:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A few posts have been pulled by me pending review due to the accusations made in them or replies to those posts. No tinfoil needed at this time.

The Google descriptor for the image above is ""Get Wet". A custom 30 ft. Burpee dive boat for a private charter feel."

However, aren't those front rail posts about 2" apart? So the front rail part is about 12'?

Then the railing at the back is about 4-5' apart . . . I'm seeing this as 24' boat . . . Anyone? :idk:

the USCG lists it by vessel ID as a 24' boat. (see one of my previous posts, if it hasn't been deleted...[/sarcasm] ) boat owners/captains (professional and pleasure) often "exaggerate" on boat size. Everyone wants a bigger boat.

except when you have to pay overnight dockage "by the foot". then amazingly, they use the shorter number then. :rofl3:

Reactions: Jax

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A few posts have been pulled by me pending review due to the accusations made in them or replies to those posts. No tinfoil needed at this time.

I have my hat ready for dispatch so just say the word :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom