SCUBA-related rash???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should also consider topside critters like bed bugs.

Hi WB2GLP,

NoDecoBob states, Hi
Each time I've experienced this rash, it has lasted about 4 days, and is symmetrical - meaning it is in equal patches on each side of my body in the same places (under arms, behind knees, tops of thighs, inside of ankles, around chest and neck).

This description simply is not consistent with bites by bed bugs or those of any other such insects of which I am aware.

See --> bed bug bites - Bing Images=

Regards,

DocVikingo

DocV, NoDecoBob was not the OP. I was responding to the OP, expresidentusd. His symptoms fit bed bugs perfectly. Just because he was diving does not preclude the posibility of bed bugs.

tiny, red bumps that initially formed on my lower torso in the vicinity of my love handles. Over the next four days, the bumbs spread up (primarily) and down (secondary) my body. By day 2, a not-so-abundant outlaying of these tiny, red bumbs had reached up to my shoulders. On day three, the same itchy bumbs moved down my body (mostly a large concentration on my buttocks and hind legs where my shorts would cover, but some on my front thigh region) all of the way to a couple of bumps around the ankles.

Just throwing it out there.

DocV, NoDecoBob was not the OP. I was responding to the OP, expresidentusd.

Ah, my bad. That wasn't at all clear to me.

If so, be advised that the OP posted the inquiry on August 15, 2004, and hasn't signed back onto the board since. As such, you might want to PM or email him.

You make a good point, tho--it is prudent to think of non-marine envenomations/bites, toxins & irritants when a stange skin disturbance pops up during a dive outing.

Cheers,

DocVikingo

Woops! LOL Having been chastised in the past for not reading the entire thread, I went back to the beginning. I didn't even realize that it had been resurrected from a decade ago.

Back
Top Bottom