Scuba pro vs zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikevet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had my zoop on 21% and my buddy's scubra pro aladin tek 2 the same at "L4". We practically stayed side by side and I held on to his bad the whole dive except on decent. He's my young son. We came up at 56 minutes on a 50' dive (avg44') because we were at 1000 psi. My computer still had 26 minutes dive time and his 12. Is it normal to be that much variation in time? I realized I set his computer pretty conservatively.
Also, does the time seem about right for a first dive? I know we got credit for any shallow depths. However, I question it because we were the first down and the second to last back on the boat. Is the zoop to liberal or something? The dive was flat barge with deck at 44 and bottom at 51, so I don't think many people would have been at much different depths.

The Zoop has been called many things, but never liberal. The biggest complaint most people have about the Zoop is how conservative they feel it is. Your PO2 setting can also affect how conservative or liberal your computer is. If yours is set to 1.6 and his is set to 1.4 there will be a noticeable difference.

I have one of those and my wife has a Vyper, which I think uses the same algorithm as the Zoop. IOn the first dive I used it I had mine set on L0. On the next dive I set it L1 and ended up with 4 minutes of deco when my wife had none (she was using an Aladin 2G at that time also). I set it back to L0 and used it that way ever since, several years now.
So......L4 is going to be VERY conservative.

Currently while I'm using L0 on the Aladin, she uses the Vyper set on 26% (using air to dive), to be just slightly more conservative than the Aladin on L0.

Suunto are known to be conservative (IMO too conservative, but that's opinions for you). You've just set the Aladin even MORE conservative.

I have an Aladin, my wife a Zoop and our deco times are usually about opposite of what you had. It would be usual for her to have 12 if i was at 26.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom