scuba pro twin jets - other colours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Octo,

Actually the best color I have ever seen for fins in low vis, was white. Done mucho dives in low vis lakes in the south west and in brackish water black lakes. One buddy had hi vis yellow fins and one buddy had bargin basement white fins. I could see the white fins far easier and far longer than I could see the hi vis yellow.

1) I keep track of my students... not the other way around.

2) I position my students so I can always beat them out of the gate.

3) More thrust is achieved through a quicker and tighter, and not a harder kick.

4) The other colors are not an option for me due to their flexibility.

froop once bubbled...
Spend a couple of bucks on a can of spray paint...
ROFL! :D
Froop, have you done this before? Not sure if paint will stick too well to something that bends like a fin. If you've actually succeeded with this, I'd like to know how. Nice idea, though :wink:

Dr. Jay once bubbled...

Froop, have you done this before? Not sure if paint will stick too well to something that bends like a fin. If you've actually succeeded with this, I'd like to know how. Nice idea, though :wink:

Its quite common practice in the underwater hockey community to paint the bottom of ones fins for easy identification in a game, since 95% of players use the same Technisub Ala fins.
Granted it doesn't offer a permanent solution, but you do get to change the colour of your fins every couple of dozens of dives :)

I"ve dived with the black scubapro twin jets for the past two years and absolutely loved them. Occassionally getting cramps in my legs when doing heavy diving.
I've switched to the yellow highviz twin jets for about the past 10 months and love them. Students and other divers see you easily and they are much more flexible than the black ones, no cramps at all.
They also float which is a plus for removing them in waves and not having the issue of them being swept underwater.
Other divers have commented how easily they can spot me and have also gone out and purchased the high viz yellow too.

The yellow is a great colour and I even find you can see them at a much greater distance than any other standard yellow fin too.

The Yellow Twin Jets really do stand out, I saw a couple of pairs on my last trip to CCV. Just remember, they are a lot less stiff than the balck ones and will have a very different feel.

You'll love the Yellow High Vis fins. I can guarantee those following you will love them even more though. I get comments ALL the time on how far everyone can see me no matter what the visibility is :D

Yellow Jets? Never seen them. Never knew they were made. WHO actually SELLS these, anyone?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom