scuba pro twin jets - other colours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octo

Registered
Reaction score
has anyone tried out any other coloured twin jets? i'm not sure i like the idea of them being softer and less rigid than the black ones and was wondering if anyone had any good /bad experiences with the yellow, white, silver twin jets!?

I don't get leg cramps with them so I do like them.

From my experience, I didn't have have the thrust that I did with paddle fins, especially in my rescue class.. I had to kick extra hard to get to the top. Of course it may mean I just need to dive more :)

I've spoke to some that have the yellow and say the same about thrust, and others that didn't notice a difference.

thanks for that - i've had the same experience with the black ones, more interested in the coloured variety because black's a terrible colour for teaching in - yellow is much better for visability, saves you losing students! ;-)

anyone else had experience with the yellow jets?

does it have to be SP Twinjets ? or can it be other brands ? rodale's did split fin reviews a while back so you might read those as additional input (some on the scubaboard are not keen on their reviews). www.scubadiving.com

ian,
..i was only really interested in compairing the colours of the SPs as the black is more rigid (apparently) than the yellow.. and it's the yellow i'm after ;-)
i'll check out the reviews anyway and see why they're not liked!

If you are interested in them for teaching in...get a paddle fin. One of the big disadvantages of any split fin is their inability to give a diver that intial "0 to 60" off-the-line speed.

crazy.. yeah, you're right about the quick start - i've been using the mares avanti quattro, but i prefer the size and agility of the jets.. i was meaning the visibilty of the fins, ie yellow are much clearer in the murk than black

try atomic aquatics - they have one with bright yellow stripes on a black body.

these are longish, stiffish than the apollo which i think are closer in composition to the SP.

as far as in water viz - it's as visible as a paddle fin (i say this with belief because that's how i differentiate my wife from the hoard off the dive boat :eek:ut:

[edited a typo]

I have never tried the black so, I can't compare them but,
I do love my blue ones. I have bad knees, so they are best for me.

octo once bubbled...
crazy.. yeah, you're right about the quick start - i've been using the mares avanti quattro, but i prefer the size and agility of the jets.. i was meaning the visibilty of the fins, ie yellow are much clearer in the murk than black

Spend a couple of bucks on a can of spray paint, and you can have your fins any colour you want. You can even change to flouro orange if you don't like the yellow!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom