Spring Straps for Scuba Pro Twin Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NW Dive Dawg

SDI / TDS Solo Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just recently purchased a set of new SP Twin Jets from a member here and wanted to swap out to spring straps.. All of the info and you-tube's I could find online seemed to involve Dremel's and files and basically ruined the original stock strap connections..

Anyway, this is a piece of cake and does not require any breaking, drilling, dremeling, destroying, etc…..of anything.. All you need is a hammer, nail punch, channel locks and a replacement set of these spring straps below from Amazon for $35.. Make sure you get the right size. I wear a size 12 hard sole boot on my dry suit so my Twin Jets are XL and the straps I bought are also XL. I just did this today for my new Twin Jets and it all came out perfect and took just a few minutes and ruined nothing. If for any reason I want to go back to “stock” I can just reverse the process and they’ll be just like new.

PS..... Why in the wide world of sports would Scuba Pro not use the standard round molded in "stud" like the rest of the world is beyond me.

uMrtA3s.jpg

4klNpqN.jpg

hJGVUB9.jpg

KRrkqDV.jpg

fhvDXNd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom