tightening Spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
S
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought some scuba pro jet fins with spring strap, but the strap are about half a size to big!! Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten the spring straps, making them shorter?

The spring strap is historically (at least) a Finnish invention, and we do have an adjustable version of that. It's based on an U-shaped piece of metal, with three holes for bolts. You can then choose where to attach that spring: the first, second or third hole.

We have these adjustable things:
And the counter part:

Go with bungees instead. They're cheaper, easier to use, and last for years.
1680725333823.png

1680725351686.png

Not sure bungees are easier to use. Jetfin divers often wear drysuits, and often that means cold water and drygloves. In this case a thin bungee would be a PITA. Now, with wetgloves and with a sturdy enough bungee the presented solution might be absolutely lovely. I love the idea, with reservations.

Not sure bungees are easier to use. Jetfin divers often wear drysuits, and often that means cold water and drygloves. In this case a thin bungee would be a PITA. Now, with wetgloves and with a sturdy enough bungee the presented solution might be absolutely lovely. I love the idea, with reservations.
Attach a pull, no big deal

I dive dry with dry gloves every dive. I've used spring straps before, but have been using bungees for several years. They are way easier than springs.
1680726930755.png

I
dive dry, always always wear dry gloves find bungee far easier. For me and my Iowa class (battle ship) springs are almost always to short.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom