Question Scuba Pro Lite Hawk Inflator to BCD Connection??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kyle191

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife has a Scuba Pro Lite Hawk BCD. When packing it up for a trip, I took off her inflator hose to put the hose and inflator in her reg bag. I didn't pay to much attention when packing it.

But when we got to Bonaire, her jacket wasn't keeping full inflation. Nothing crazy...just a small amount of air coming out. I took her inflator off the BCD and started to look for an issue and I noticed there wasn't any gasket between the screw mechanism on the inflator and the BCD.

Did I lose the gasket that connects the BCD and the inflator? Or does the Lite Hawk not have one from the factory.

I did a 20 minute on line search and could not find an answer.

Thanks for the help

If you are talking about the face sealing fitting that is the elbow (or pull to dump assembly) where it attaches the hose to the BCD, yes, you lost the large flat gasket ring...

T
If you are talking about the face sealing fitting that is the elbow (or pull to dump assembly) where it attaches the hose to the BCD, yes, you lost the large flat gasket ring...
Thanks for the reply..A picture is worth 1,000 words. Did I lose the gasket?

Attachments

• BCD 1.jpg
    BCD 1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 94
  • BCD 2.jpg
    BCD 2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 84
I would say yes.

I have never seen this model, but every BC I have worked on (including other ScubaPro models) has utilized a gasket. It would sit inside the clear hub on the wing side....

I’ll try to remember to check my Lite Hawk tomorrow to see if there is anything missing in your photos.

Erik

It appears that you are missing an O ring in the connection attached to the BC. Unfortunately, I have no idea what size.

Attachments

• 434303A4-07F4-46B5-BBD8-D82E3BC81FB1.jpeg
    434303A4-07F4-46B5-BBD8-D82E3BC81FB1.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 57
It appears that you are missing an O ring in the connection attached to the BC. Unfortunately, I have no idea what size.
For something dealing with that little differential pressure, I'd probably just grab the Harbor Freight big box of O rings and find one that fits.

Just a thought,

James

For something dealing with that little differential pressure, I'd probably just grab the Harbor Freight big box of O rings and find one that fits.

Just a thought,

James
I'll be back in the US next week. I'll stop in Harbor Freight and get the Giant Bag of O rings!!! Great idea and thanks so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom