Scuba pro jetfins and leg cramps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have recently changed from apollo split fins to turtles.After my first dive with the turtle fins i wanted to burn them :D Ihave been practicing different style kicks and finally getting use to these beasts 4mos later.It takes time to get your legs and ankles use to them.The alternate kicks also help.Im actually starting to like them now.I truly hated them the first few dives though.

Using a small flutter kick most of the time does tend to reduce cramping. It has been shown by timed tests to be a more efficient kick than anything else. This has its limits as sometimes you must use a different kick to avoid silting.

There is only so much you can do with respect to contitioning. I have stronger than average legs, but constantly had cramps with the Aqualung Blades I. I now use full foot fins and the only time I experience cramping (and it is of much lower intensity) is on the first dive after about a month out of the water. A pool session or two before I go on a dive trip would eliminate this.

Ths surest way to avoid leg cramps would be to get a real soft set of fins like the grey or yellow Scubapro twin jets. While these fins offer limited performance, divers are buying tons of them due to their easy kick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom