Scuba junkies komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Labuan Bajo(LBJ).
I've searched a bunch of different date ranges and can't get results for any flights from Seattle. Do you know if there are specific days when flights arrive and leave? I feel stupid but I've tried like 10 different time frames.

I've searched a bunch of different date ranges and can't get results for any flights from Seattle. Do you know if there are specific days when flights arrive and leave? I feel stupid but I've tried like 10 different time frames.
First you get the international flight from Seattle to either Jakarta (CGK) or Denpasar (DPS). I prefer to fly to DPS. Then there are plenty of domestic flights to Labuan Bajo (LBJ) offered by Lion Air, Batik or Garuda.

There is NO direct flight between North America and Indonesia.
EVA Air has flight from SEA to DPS every Tue, Thurs and Sat(outbound) and Sun, Wed and Fri(inbound). Round trip economy fare(Oct 2022) is about US$1,100.00.
Korean Air has daily connection but more expensive.

DPS to LBJ is a separated ticket.

Good luck

For some o
There is another simple reason: nitrogen loading.
I have been to many places in SE Asia and it has nothing to do with down current. Availability of medicinal graded O2, finance and logistic.

There are many places that only EAN 21 is available in SE Asia and I have been to a few especially remote area.
For some of the dive operators on Bunaken and Raja Ampat possible down and up currents and the lack of experience of the guests with these conditions was one of the points of consideration. Indeed in many places a expensive membrane system would be the only technical possibility. For Lembeh Strait Nitrox is of course perfect. Please be aware that the nearest functional re-compression chamber in some parts of our country might be a flight by airplane away.

For some of the dive operators on Bunaken and Raja Ampat possible down and up currents and the lack of experience of the guests with these conditions was one of the points of consideration. Indeed in many places a expensive membrane system would be the only technical possibility. For Lembeh Strait Nitrox is of course perfect. Please be aware that the nearest functional re-compression chamber in some parts of our country might be a flight by airplane away.
I have been to quite a few LoB and chamber was never a consideration.
Cocos Island in Costa Rica is even beyond the arrange of helicopter.
So where is the nearest chamber in Raja Ampat?

A quick Google does show Nitrox advertised in Flores/Komodo. Agreed even I feel fresh and energetic after diving with Nitrox. But I seldom find Nitrox when I ask about it.

The downcurrents explanation may just be a lame excuse dive shops give but it is the line I hear more often than not.
You think the argument of down currents do not make sense? Or do you think that they cannot make a profit on Nitrox?

You think the argument of down currents do not make sense? Or do you think that they cannot make a profit on Nitrox?
Change of subject from chamber to nitrox!!!!

What is the MOD for nitrox as compare with AIR. Down current could be bad news to diver on nitrox if they can not handle the current and gone deeper and deeper.

Instead of listing the benefit on using nitrox, you are more interest in making money!!!!! LOL.
There are plenty of posts on nitrox and I am not interested to discuss it at all.

Change of subject from chamber to nitrox!!!!

What is the MOD for nitrox as compare with AIR. Down current could be bad news to diver on nitrox if they can not handle the current and gone deeper and deeper.

Instead of listing the benefit on using nitrox, you are more interest in making money!!!!! LOL.
There are plenty of posts on nitrox and I am not interested to discuss it at all.
No idea what you mean with this: "Instead of listing the benefit on using nitrox, you are more interest in making money!!!!"

No idea what you mean with this: "Instead of listing the benefit on using nitrox, you are more interest in making money!!!!"
I only spent money on scuba diving!!!
I only got paid by my boss. The salary was fixed and there was no end of yr bonus! Making money!!!! You are wrong again and again!

Could anyone let me know approximately what time the boat leaves SJK and what time it returns? And also the approximate times for boats leaving from Labuan Bajo? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom