Scuba junkies komodo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Returning from a day of diving.
That's what I love about these boards, I totally spaced on the fruit bats, it's the best I've seen.

The House reef is ok for check out dive and snorkelling
I've seen a blue ring in the shallows on their house reef, prior to the jetty when you had to muck out to the boat during low tide.

And this on the way back to LBJ.

FYI since you did not specifically inform the OP - every multi-day itinerary to Komodo usually ends with the last day having 1 less dive (2 instead of 3) and the extra time is spent visiting the Kingdom of Lizards…

pros: well run operation, quiet area, good value, food at dinner is great.

cons: boats are somewhat slow, so hopefully you like napping on the dive boat for the trip out and back. no nitrox, so bottom times a little limited. can't hit deep south sites. breakfast and lunch packed for the dive boats is limited, recommend buying snacks and non-perishable food in LBJ to bring with you. boats don't have AIS, issue if depending on nautilus lifeline in case you get separated. no nightlife or other dining options if desired (LBJ has ok italian and sushi options for a change of pace)

FYI since you did not specifically inform the OP - every multi-day itinerary to Komodo usually ends with the last day having 1 less dive (2 instead of 3) and the extra time is spent visiting the Kingdom of Lizards…
Someone asked about non-diver!
I do not think OP should have the monopoly on all the subsequent reply.

pros: well run operation, quiet area, good value, food at dinner is great.

cons: boats are somewhat slow, so hopefully you like napping on the dive boat for the trip out and back. no nitrox, so bottom times a little limited. can't hit deep south sites. breakfast and lunch packed for the dive boats is limited, recommend buying snacks and non-perishable food in LBJ to bring with you. boats don't have AIS, issue if depending on nautilus lifeline in case you get separated. no nightlife or other dining options if desired (LBJ has ok italian and sushi options for a change of pace)

No Nitrox?? Is that common for dive resorts in Indonesia? That would be a dealbreaker for me I think.

No Nitrox?? Is that common for dive resorts in Indonesia? That would be a dealbreaker for me I think.
But why on earth? Do you feel that you are not going to get your moneys worth by not being able to dive some extra 15-20 mins with Nitrox?
FWIW Komodo has some dangerous down currents in places and on many such vacation spots across APAC Nitrox is deliberately not provided for rec level vacation tourist divers.

But why on earth? Do you feel that you are not going to get your moneys worth by not being able to dive some extra 15-20 mins with Nitrox?
Yes. Shorter/shallower dives and 3+ dives a day on regular air makes me totally exhausted. I always dive Nitrox when I can and I haven't been anywhere that doesn't offer it yet.

FWIW Komodo has some dangerous down currents in places and on many such vacation spots across APAC Nitrox is deliberately not provided for rec level vacation tourist divers.
There is another simple reason: nitrogen loading.
I have been to many places in SE Asia and it has nothing to do with down current. Availability of medicinal graded O2, finance and logistic.
Yes. Shorter/shallower dives and 3+ dives a day on regular air makes me totally exhausted. I always dive Nitrox when I can and I haven't been anywhere that doesn't offer it yet.
There are many places that only EAN 21 is available in SE Asia and I have been to a few especially remote area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom