Scuba Jobs for Thassos - Greece (Europe)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

katsioulis

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Scuba Jobs: Divemasters and Instructors Wanted

Divemasters and Instructors Wanted for 2011 (May to September) to work in our diving school in sunny Thassos, Greece.

We currently have 6 vacancies for enthusiastic Divemasters and Instructors.

Your main responsibilities will be:
-To execute all diving activities
-To supervise, train and motivate all guests and volunteers
-To control all diving and related equipment

You must:
1) Speak fluently at least one of the folowing languages: English, Romanian, Serbian, Bulgarian, German, Hungarian, Rusian

2) Be at least certified AOW from SSI or PADI or CMAS or CEDIP.
(If your level is less than divemaster, you will follow training courses to become divemaster. If you are Divemaster you can become Open Water Instructor)

3) Have excellent communication skills

4) Work on a team

If you think the position is for you please send a recent photo of yourself and your C.V. to info at diver-to-diver.com

Conditions of work, along with salary will be disclosed AFTER you have been shortlisted for a personal Video Interview on Skype.

Hi There,

I'm extremely interested in your employment opportunity, please view my CV below and contact me if interested. benjamin_parry@yahoo.com.au

PERSONAL DETAILS

Name: Benjamin Parry
Home Address: N/A (Currently Backpacking through the UK)
Mobile: 07553 104827
Email: benjamin_parry@yahoo.com.au
EDUCATION
2010 Diploma of Project Management
2009 Fire Safety Advisor
Workplace Health & Safety Officer
2008 Certificate IV in Business (BSB40101)
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAA40101)
2007 First Aid (Oxygen Provider)
Scubapro Technician
Oceanic Technician
2006 Senior First Aid
2004 Certificate I in Maritime Operations (Safety at Sea)
Certificate I in Transport and Distribution (Maritime Operations)
PADI IDC Staff Instructor
SAI Global Hydrostatic Test Station Management
2003 PADI Master SCUBA Diver Trainer
Recreational Boat Licence
General Safety Induction (Construction)
2001 Bachelor of Human Movement Science (deferred)
1998 Year 12 Senior Certificate
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY

Sept 2006 – Jan 2008 Go Dive Australia Pty Ltd
Senior Service Technician / Trip Director / Senior Instructor
During my employment at Go Dive I was responsible for a number of duties, some of which included servicing, testing and maintenance of SCUBA equipment systems, dive supervising, safe diving risk assessments, coordinating courses and participants, and teaching a range of SCUBA courses. As a Senior Instructor I developed a strong focus on diver safety.
Other duties included;
• Ensuring all Scuba Instructors remained compliant with Go Dive’s Codes of Practice and relevant Australian Standards as well as PADI Standards.
• Maintaining a fully operational service department along with record keeping of all services and reminders of service dates for client retention and convenience.
• Performing filter changes of Go Dives compressor system (recording service dates)
• Management of Go Dive’s chartered 24m Liveaboard Catamaran and 11m Daytrip Dive Boat inclusive of Diver Qualification checks, Logbook management, dive log checks and final sign offs, management of dive schedules, client/staff diving performance reviews, staff rosters, maintenance of Scuba systems. All in accordance with relevant Standards and Procedures.
• Dive Store management
• Scuba sales
• Maintaining records

Aug 2005 – Aug 2006 Pro Dive Brisbane
Senior Service Technician / Trip Director / Specialty Instructor
While working for Pro Dive Brisbane, I was responsible for servicing, testing and maintenance of SCUBA equipment systems and managing a Hydrostatic Test Station. While also teaching the full time Open Water courses and also balancing the coordination of diving holidays and teaching specialty courses ranging from Advanced to Dive Master. As the Senior Instructor for the organisation I had to ensure that all other instructors were compliant with both PADI regulations and the organisations policies and procedures. As well as coordination of Dive Trips and the management of chartered dive vessels. Duties included;
• Ensuring all Scuba Instructors remained compliant with Pro Dive’s Codes of Practice and relevant Australian Standards as well as PADI Standards
• Maintained a fully operational service department along with record keeping of all services and reminders of service dates for client retention and convenience
• Maintained and operated a fully functional Hydrostatic Testing Station
• Management of Pro Dives chartered 21m Liveaboard and 16m Daytrip Dive Boat inclusive of Diver Qualification checks, Logbook management, dive log checks and final sign offs, management of dive schedules, client/staff diving performance reviews, staff rosters, maintenance of Scuba systems. All in accordance with relevant Standards and Procedures
• Scuba sales
• Maintaining records

Jan 2004 – Aug 2005 Salty’s Dive Centre
Trip Director / Open Water/Advanced/Speciality Instructor
I was employed at Salty’s to manage/run a weekly open water course which incorporated a Liveaboard dive vessel in which I also managed. Duties included;
• Ensuring all Scuba Instructors remained compliant with Salty’s Codes of Practice and relevant Australian Standards as well as PADI Standards
• Management of Salty’s 24m Liveaboard, inclusive of Diver Qualification checks, Logbook management, dive log checks and final sign offs, management of dive schedules, client/staff diving performance reviews, staff rosters. All in accordance with relevant Standards and Procedures
Whilst at Salty’s I was fortunate enough to work under two PADI Course Directors and under their direction I was able to obtain a higher level of professionalism. During this time I obtained a PADI Instructor Development Course Staff Instructor Qualification.

Previous Employment:
Bundaberg Aqua Scuba – Dive Master, Instructor
Lady Musgrave Cruises – Dive Master, Instructor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom