Scuba Jenny has Become a Skilled Lionfish Slayer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am now carrying a ten incher myself.
Chug
With a titanium shank, what could go wrong?

you are good. I got a few today, but I'm using a lion tamer. You can't miss with that tool.

REALLY?? You are using just a knife? Dang you are good. Hopefully you never get hit. I have evaded the sting so far. Some say it's not too bad if you hose it with hot water. Others say it's excruciating even with hot water for 40 minutes. I hope I never find out.

WTG Jenny! You'll have to teach me the technique when I finally get to dive with you again.

The knife was for the killing. I got them with the liontamer. But, since I am not a spearo, I don't know the finer points of killing a fish underwater. And those things don't die very easily! The first one I shot 3 times before I got it to stay on the tamer.

(and yes, you can miss with a liontamer. There are a few out there from last weekend that are still alive thanks to my inept shooting!)

No they don't die very easily. I lion tame them and then stick a knife through them to finish them off. LOL!! We have too many! Let's keep getting them.

Yep. That was the demise of 3 of them.. Finding rocks in the sand is tedious...

Heee heee heee

...I don't know the finer points of killing a fish underwater. And those things don't die very easily! The first one I shot 3 times before I got it to stay on the tamer...
I was actually starting to feel sorry for those poor lions! Not that they don't deserve their fate, but torture is just soooo Cold War!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom