Scuba in Phillippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lanwu:
Hi G, thanks for the info. Any suggestions or opinions on Dive Shops to dive w/?

How about shore diving?

I heard that there's quite a few good places to do this around the Anilao area? IS that true?

What about other areas in Philippines? Anyone know?
email larry_balai@yahoo.com... he's the owner of balai resort (w/c i manage the website hehehe)

tell him JAG sent you from scubaboard... he should be able to help you with your booking

website's at www.balai-resort.com

Jag

lanwu:
Shugar, thanks for the info....

When does the Xmas holidays generally start for everyone? Is it different for students & working people?

I take it though that if i pre-book everything, then I should be okay??
you mean we're supposed to take the decors down??? whahahahahahaha

officially the xmas season begins Dec. 16 and end on the feast of the 3 kings (1st sunday of the new year)... most schools go on break around 3 days - 2 weeks before xmas depending on the day the 25th falls and w/c school we're talking about (i get off on the 16th!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!)

work usually lets off about 3 days before xmas (again depending on the day)... and will (try) to resume for the weekedays after the 26th... but work on these days is light and almost unproductive since everyone's on a holiday high

"bosses" usually get longer vacations than the "worker bees" but that's entirely relative...

Jag

I stayed at CoCo Beach resort ( http://www.cocobeach.com/web/index.htm )and Encinada Beach over in Puerto Galera. Both had plenty of locals with boats wanting to take you to several of the local sites as well as dive shops at each. This spot was THE BEST diving I have done in the WORLD! It has color and life everywhere!

Hi,
You can join a Scubaworld dive shop that also has a resort in Batangas which is "Outrigger resort". they have weekends dive promo 2 days diving which is not expensive. The problem with this is that 4-6 divers usually occupies a boat. That could be ok for other people I see doing this but for me It's kind of a crowded. The resort usually does this to have a good profit margin , it would save them a lot of money on the boat they hire. You can also check in at the SM dive resort beside the outrigger resort. This is opereated by a Korean national and they have cheap promos. the manager is kind and accomodating. I ususlly rent their tanks , its the cheapest around with good quality air. When I dive anilao we stay a my friends private resort, so we don't spend anything . Just for the tanks.
I hope this helps.

Thanks everyone for your replies....most helpful!

Can anyone tell me if there are any areas around Batangas & Puerto Galera that's good shore diving too?

I tend to like the freedom of schedule & diving by doing self guided shore dives....Is that allowed even in the Philippines?

wow....i'm checking the resort websites, & it seems that most of them are all structured around double occupancy....Single occupany is almsot double the price in most cases.....Not so good for a single budget traveller?! :(

I'm not fussy so much about where I stay...infact someplace cheap & simple is good enough for me. Fan & boats are all that matter to me....I tend to spend most of my time underwater instead of in my room anyway!

Does anyone konw of a place that has something like this? or a place with dorm rooms for guys? I'd be happy too staying in pension (or the like) & just join a dive shop separately for diving.....

gaudencio, i tried to check out SM dive resort...unfortunately, all in Korean....not even an email address....Would you happen to have a link or email for htem?

G, actually, was just lookig at Dive&Trek's site...Thanks for both the info....

shugar, thanks for the info...good job on the site....unfortunately, it looks like it's outside my budget....sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom