Scuba Gallery: What do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

first off, just a big thankyou for all the hard work and time on our behalf...

agree with the multi-photo upload at the same time. also, for some reason, i cannot get the slide show feature to work.

(tech admin, just FYI while problem solving the problem described above, i run on OSX and have not had any of the graphics/text probs. described by the PC users.)

thanks again,
lorien

Dee,
There's your problem. Your running Window's ME. It is the worst and most unstable operating system Microsoft ever put out.
I am running Windows 2000 and using IE and have no problems with the gallery at all. Every pic opens, no red "X"'s, uploads work fine.
The slide doesn't work though.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the Scuba Gallery, as well. I have to agree with Gilligan, though -- the slide show does not work (I'm glad to know it's not just me).

Gilligan:
I am running Windows 2000 and using IE and have no problems with the gallery at all. Every pic opens, no red "X"'s, uploads work fine.
The slide doesn't work though.

2000, IE - no problems. Except:

1) Slide Show doesn't advance... when activated, the pic comes up, and nothing happens

2) From within the Gallery, I get Red X's on Search and Quick Links (the little drop down arrow graphic is rendered as a Red X)

Sounds lie a SW issue with the Gallery.

K

PS: If I haven't conveyed this yet, I LOVE the gallery feature.

Dee:
No thanks! Everytime I've done a Windows update it has royally screwed up things. I'm running ME if that makes a difference and it doesn't like updates! I'm getting along just fine without the gallery, it's not worth the crap that happens when I've updated.

Security setting are OK.

Dee, As Gilligan has already mentioned, running ME could be one of your biggest potential problems. Prior to running XP Pro, I ran ME, and I can tell you without a doubt that the differences are night and day. If you can, ditch ME and upgrade....

Warren

WIN Me, Ughhhhhhh! That dog won't hunt. Dee if you've been running that program for more than one year, it's got some serious issues by now. File corruption over time being the biggest problem. Get you an OEM copy of Win XP Pro and load all the hotfixes or SP1 and you should have zero problems from there (except for some older programs which can be set up to run in WIN98,95, etc. mode inside of XP). Even my old Deskjet 600c runs great.

IE 6 runs great under XP (of course it was designed to).

Now if I could get Uuru Ages Beyond Mist to run on my wifes computer without locking up or screwing up Photoshop 7.0 I'll be happy.

BTW, I really like the gallery other than having to cut shots to fit (but I'm getting used to it).

Most importantly,

20.gif

The gallery is a good thing.

I know ME is the pits but I didn't know it was THAT bad! I have XP Home on my laptop and like it, although folks keep telling me to upgrade to Pro. The reason I haven't upgraded on my PC is I have one old program, Micrografx Windows Draw, that will not run on XP home...I've tried. I use this program for everything from log book pages, brochures and flyers, to printing photos. I have tons of files in that format that I still use. If it wasn't for that I would have changed a long time ago. So find me a program that will read .DRW files and that will run on XP and I'll switch.

Dee, have you tried running the program in WIN95 compatability mode under your Laptops' XP Home version? I know this can be done under XP because it uses a DOS emulator for these types of programs (BTW it doesn't always work, but it's worth a try). I've only seen one program so far that won't work and it uses a Hardware Lock (whoever thought those up needs to be shot).

Dee:
I know ME is the pits but I didn't know it was THAT bad! I have XP Home on my laptop and like it, although folks keep telling me to upgrade to Pro. The reason I haven't upgraded on my PC is I have one old program, Micrografx Windows Draw, that will not run on XP home...I've tried. I use this program for everything from log book pages, brochures and flyers, to printing photos. I have tons of files in that format that I still use. If it wasn't for that I would have changed a long time ago. So find me a program that will read .DRW files and that will run on XP and I'll switch.

Jim...yes, I tried all the windows versions just to be sure! I wouldn't run.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom