Scuba Gallery: What do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Boney...you can go to Site Support to get all the details but it's not cookie related. I've cleared cookies, cashes, histories, etc. and nothing helps. I can view it just fine through AOL...go figure! But with IE only the text on any page will load, no jpg's or graphics. Even the icons to post and navigate are gone. Also whatever website I go to after SB, I have the same problems"

So that's the problem. Looks like I have to stop coming to this site then, every time I do, all I get from here and other sites is text.

Really sux

Chris

I did some quick searches on the web and the only thing that I could find that has a remote chance of working is to go to the Windowsupdate site and grab the updates. I also tried going to the vBulletin site but it looks like its down right now... funny - the makers of the board software can't even get their site running!

If I can think of anything else I'll try and post it...

gj62:
While this will not help "represent the shot well", online galleries can't realistically host/download 2MB shots.

But thanks for the SW tip! I'll check it out for sure.

K

gj62:
Pardon? What's not true?

There are many sites that can and do take large files and resize them for display, and for other purposes. I wasn't sure if this resizing was an option in VB that we haven't hooked up, or if it was even available.

K

OK - most that I've seen want them submitted resized, unless they are art-oriented sites. It wouldn't be hard to do on either end - maybe this is something TechAdmin can look into?

Actually hosting them at 2MB is problematic - both for bandwidth & storage & non-broadband download concerns - especially on non-fee based site...

Maybe I just missed it, but is there any way to do a bulk upload of say 5-10 pics at a time?

Going one by one takes a lot of time...

BTW, I don't think 2 MB files are feasible, you've still got some people running on snail lines (56K), but even with broadband 2 MB is going to be slower going, not to mention kill the site's bandwidth.

mars2u:
I suggest doing a Windows Update to make sure you have all the patches. Also check your security settings for Scubaboard in IE.

No thanks! Everytime I've done a Windows update it has royally screwed up things. I'm running ME if that makes a difference and it doesn't like updates! I'm getting along just fine without the gallery, it's not worth the crap that happens when I've updated.

Security setting are OK.

TA...seems like with so many of us with the same problem, it's something on your end that needs tweaking.

Ok, for starters I am going to reinstall the gallery software this weekend in hopes of fixing some of the image problems. I will also be increasing the file size limits to a few megs tonight. Bulk uploads can be done with zip files but I'll see what else can be done there. Keep the suggestions rolling...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom