Scuba Equipment...Can anyone help me with value

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fins are worth donating to a friend who has a pool. Kids will love to play with them.
Lead will sell for $1-2 per pound.
Moldy, crusty fabric is landfill
Regs are in need of service. Ballpark they will cost $75 to make them worth $100 in usable condition (some may fetch more or less). Call it $25. Craigs list is filled with them and unless they are cheap they are there forever.

Tanks hold there value usually. Given the vintage of that gear there is a good chance they may be the bad ones. There should be a bunch of markings stamped in the neck of the tanks. That will tell what they are. They will all be out of date and need ~$50 of work each to get them divable as well (hydro and vis for each), so that affects value. I would ballpark $50 each (if they are some of the good ones).

I'd give you $25+shipping for that Orca Edge dive computer if it turns on.

It's not really usable for diving, but my wife is an elementary school teacher. We do a "technology" display every year for her kids and we use an orca edge as part of the display. Currently I borrow the computer from a friend who owns it, but it'd be worth $25 for me to just have it in a box rather than having to borrow/return the computer each year.

This is all gear that dates to the early 1980's.

There is not much there of value today but in 1983-1985 it would have been shiny.

You could get maybe $50 for the regulators and the Dacor fins are actually useful for dive travel. I had a pair of these and they were decent. They were, however, cheap, stiff plastic approximations of much better fins even back then and it won't be worth your time to sell them even though someone in the know would see the value. The rest of the gear is junk now.

R..

Incidentally, here is old picture of me rocking the exact same Dacor fins and making it look cool :D

full?d=1257609502.jpg

I'm pretty sure that was my first set of fins for scuba!

DACOR SeaChute UTS BC - check
DACOR TurboFlex fins - check
DACOR VistaVue mask - check
DACOR snorkel - check
DACOR 960 first -- check
DACOR Pacer second - check
DACOR weight belt - check

I had it all!!!! (and still have it)

DACOR SeaChute UTS BC - check
DACOR TurboFlex fins - check
DACOR VistaVue mask - check
DACOR snorkel - check
DACOR 960 first -- check
DACOR Pacer second - check
DACOR weight belt - check

I had it all!!!! (and still have it)
960 and pacer, yes. The Dacor fins, yes. Dacor weight belt, yes. I don't know what Dacor model my BCD was but it worked great for years.

Back
Top Bottom