Scuba Diving with Kontiki Divers in Cebu, Philippines.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halcyon73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am a scuba diving instructor, living and working in the Philippines for the past few years.
I’ve been diving around Visayas for some time now but this year was my first time in Mactan, Cebu.
On the internet I found Kontiki Divers, located in Mactan, Maribago. Their website looks quiet professional so I decided to dive with them. When I arrived at the dive shop I was surprised that the shop actually looks as it is advertised on the internet. I had a pleasure to meet the new manager who explained to me that Kontiki Divers have been in the business since 1980’s and recently went thru major renovation. All the equipment is new and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
As a diving instructor I’m always sensitive when it comes to safety when diving and Kontiki Divers did not disappoint me. On the dive boat there was oxygen, medic first aid and spare equipment.
We did a few local dives including: Talima (Olango Island), Hilutungan and Nalusuan Marine Sanctuaries.
I was really happy with those dive sites which I could compare to sites in Malapascua, Moalboal and Bohol. Nice corals, great for macro lovers and plenty medium sized fishes including: Jack fish, Barracuda, Snapper, Bat Fish and Sting ray. So there you go I definitely recommend to everyone diving with these guys. By the way Kontiki Divers is also upgrading their TEC section therefore
I’m looking forward to to some Tec dives with them next time I’m in Cebu and keep you posted.

Hi Halcyon73.
Totally agree with you. I am an expat living in Cebu and usually I head over to Moalboal to Savedra Dive Center for some good diving, especially with the thresher sharks being there all the time. But Mactan is closer for me and the marine sanctuaries at Talima and Nasuluan are just fabulous for a day of diving. The problem in Mactan was to find a decent dive operator. I tried many of them but most are unprofessional and, sad to say, not so safe. Until I passed by Kontiki Divers, and your are right. This is by far the most professional operation I have encountered yet on Mactan Island. Great foreign and Filipino staff, top equipment, excellent service, good prices. I will spent many weekends there, that's for sure. :cool2:

Hi Waterproof,
I'm glad you like Kontiki Divers and yes you are right that there is many dive shops in Mactan but unfortunately some of those are not up to the standards.
You mention Moalboal. I was diving there too with Savedra Dive Center, which also is one of the most recognized dive operators in Moalboal. We went to Pescador Island and I I've seen Thresher shark together with school of sardines.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom