Scuba Diving Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
just got OW-certified, how soon should i get one? shall i wait until i advanced to the next level?

ideas, anyone?

RIGHT AWAY!! Where are you in the world? This will determine what kind of insurance is available.

in one of the 7,107 beautiful islands of this archipelago. :)

should i get one from DAN? ive checked their site a while ago. which one would u recommend?

Do you mean dive medical insurance? It depends. Some resorts/dive shops offer insurance that's good for the period you dive with them. So, if you dive at Asia Divers in PG, for I think it's 100 pesos for your stay, you have insurance to cover a trip to the recompression chamber.

Otherwise, a lot depends on if you can afford the 500k+ peso cost for treatment.

Some people believe that brand new divers are safer because they can't stay down very long and generally don't go very deep. The counter argument is that new divers tend to follow the person they trust the most, without necessarily understanding why someone is doing something the way they are.

My opinion is to get it.

had the course with Dennis of Big Apple in PG. il be diving with him for the next two weekends before i go for bohol on the 16th oct. (its true about new divers; in my case, il be most comfortable with my instructor because i signed my life on him when i enrolled for the OW course! but i know, i cant dive with him forever else il never be able to see other places so will work on that.)

will definitely get one. DAN seems the market leader, would u guys have other suggestions?

The other option would be PADI dive insurance. In anycase, be it DAN or PADI, you should make sure you have at least the equivalent of Php 1 million coverage for medical treatments. It should also cover the need for air evacuation and physical theraphy.

Even minor cases of the bends when treated in the private batangas chamber in Batangas can easilly cost you Php 200,000.00.

Back
Top Bottom