scuba.com wetsuit experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lackingcreativity:
How can you be sure its what the factory would approve of? Remember, they are not factory authorized.

I can't, point taken, but let me rephrase: The first lines of my LeisurePro warranty card say "Leisure Pro Ltd. warrants to the original purchaser that this equipment will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the same period offered by the manufacturer.
This warranty shall be limited to the repair adjustment and/or replacement at its option of defective free of charge except the cost of transportation to..." etc.

So, IMHO, as long as LeisurePro honors the warranty, and repairs and/or replaces the gear for the same period, what do I care *who* repairs or replaces it as long as the thing that stopped working, starts working again? I'm sure thay do this to gain the business they would otherwise lose to factory-authorized outfits, and it works (for me anyway).

I guess it's a personal comfort level thing: if you feel you need a factory warranty, go that way; if an equivalent warranty from a reputable outfit will do, it's all good.

But you're right, it doesn't at all make them factory authorized. I am not sure if this is their status with all manufacturers. OTOH, I know in the computer equipment business ALL of the mfg's are aware of the "gray market" and tolerate it well because, botoom line, they sell more stuff...

SDNetGeek:
I can't, point taken, but let me rephrase: The first lines of my LeisurePro warranty card say "Leisure Pro Ltd. warrants to the original purchaser that this equipment will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the same period offered by the manufacturer.
This warranty shall be limited to the repair adjustment and/or replacement at its option of defective free of charge except the cost of transportation to..." etc.

So, IMHO, as long as LeisurePro honors the warranty, and repairs and/or replaces the gear for the same period, what do I care *who* repairs or replaces it as long as the thing that stopped working, starts working again? I'm sure thay do this to gain the business they would otherwise lose to factory-authorized outfits, and it works (for me anyway).

I guess it's a personal comfort level thing: if you feel you need a factory warranty, go that way; if an equivalent warranty from a reputable outfit will do, it's all good.

But you're right, it doesn't at all make them factory authorized. I am not sure if this is their status with all manufacturers. OTOH, I know in the computer equipment business ALL of the mfg's are aware of the "gray market" and tolerate it well because, botoom line, they sell more stuff...

I guess its just a matter of what works for you.

I stand corrected about how long scuba.com takes to process orders. My next order from them was placed at 11pm and it shipped the next day.

Back
Top Bottom