scuba.com experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Henrikdk

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone here have any buying experiences with scuba.com in CA??

Good or bad :06:

-Henrik

Henrikdk:
Hi,

-Henrik

I got what I ordered. A folding snorkel - Love it!
But afterward they started spaming me to death with ads, sometimes more then two a day - I had to put them in my blocked email list.

Henrikdk:
Hi,

-Henrik

I have used them once and they were okay but not great. You may have a different experience - I needed to exchange a few items (I received them as a gift) and asked them to match leisurepro's prices while they were at it, so I'm probably not their favorite customer.

They did match leisurepro's prices and my new items have supposedly been shipped, but the whole process has been a bit slow and I have had to call them several times to keep things moving.

They also put me off a little bit with a product recomendation. Since sending my items back, another dive shop mentioned that they have had some problems with the octo+ I had requested. I asked my rep at scuba.com about this and he said they hadn't had any problems with it and that he recommended it. When I called to check on my order a few days later, the same guy said they were out of that octo+ and recommended a different model, since they have had problems with the octo+ I originally ordered. Strange.

I have ordered from Larry at scubatoys.com a few times and recommend them highly.

They are close enough that I just go to the site. I have many friends/students that use it. There have been challenges, but nothing unusual. Where the situation has required a return (a computer in this case), there was no problem. One of my buddy's uses their service dept for his annual reg rebuild....there was a problem which he caught before diving with it....they fixed it.

I've used them several times to order big-price items. My only complaint is the standard shipping is pretty slow. It takes about 3 full weeks from the time I order to the time I get it.
Other than that, I've had no complaints.

Ok - it seems as they are ok - but slow in general :11:

Since I'm only in the states for one week, I should probably consider another supplier :crafty:

-Henrik

Have used them a couple of times. Time from order to ship is S L O W considering most other places on the net ship fairly quickly. In fact, they are probably in general the slowest internet site in terms of shipping I have ever used...for anything!

That being said they do have some accessories availble online which are difficult to find from other sites, so I do use them for some of those things.

Scubamax

I ordered my Areis Atmos 1 consoles through them back in November and they arrived fairly quickly (within a week). I recently ordered a UK hardside case (for myself) and a Oceanic BC (for my wife) and they shipped within 24 hours. They also said they would match LP's price on the BC, although they didn't seem to happy about the price matching.

update: 1-11-04
Recieved my order today, got the dive case but "Hey! where's the BC!" Called and talked to one of their "instructors" who told me they had no record of the BC order for a price match. He assured me that if we reordered he would take it personally to their "price match manager" and expedite the order, so I had to contact my wife at work so she could get it re-ordered (her credit card) and when she called she was treated a bit rudely. Then when she asked for a order number he said that he would e-mail it to us (still waiting). :06:

I have ordered from them before Christmas. Good service. Expensive for 2nd day shipping, but then again, who isn't? They aren't necessarily the cheapest around, but like scubamax said they do stock some great stuff that's hard to find elsewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom