Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nursesarah

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thanks to all who asnwered my questions about Roatan over on the Caribbean section. We were planning a long vacation to Roatan, but now it looks like circumstances might be changing. We are considering a 6-day trip to Scuba Club Cozumel with our LDS. I've seen mostly positive reviews on here.

The all-inclusive price through our shop looks good---however, can anyone who has been there tell us how much drinks are running (since they aren't included) and also how much you are expected to tip everyone?? In other words, how much above the "all-inclusive" price should we expect to be paying??

Thanks!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I must tell you I LOVE this place. We're planning on going again in November.......if life holds out.

We (wife and I) spent about an extra $150.00 if I remember correctly, for the week on drinks. Coffee except in the AM is to be paid for as well. I think we might have had 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks the entire week. Ther rest was coffee and I guess sodas. Water is free, so we usually drank that.

If I can dig up actual costs, I'll let you know, but you should be able to call them to find out (AquaSub i think new when I asked them.)

It'll be good that you're going with a group, as it is off-season and the afternoon trips were hard to fill while we were there.

Food is GREAT. Rooms are good too.

What we did, was shop at the "WAL-MART" across the road for all our drinks, and put them in the fridge in the rooms. Saved lots of $$$ that way.

Regards.

Yes, SCC is giving guests a real royal reaming--~$6.50 for a mixed drink, ~$4.50 for a beer & ~$2.25 for a soft drink. Outrageous, no?

As for tipping. depends on if service/gratuities are built into the package negotiated by your shop. If yes, then just small amounts for special service are appropriate. If no, tip according to your customary patterns.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Hey Doc! That's why you have a fridge in the room and Plaza Las Glorias right next door!

Yeah DOC, that's a royal rip. It's too bad to. They don't need to be sneaky about it. It's worse for them to pi$$ you off when you're there, vs. just charging you an extra *** for a week of liquid LESS alcohol at least.

Oh well, the tips show how we feel. And so does the "Wal-mart" purchases.

Don't they know folks would rather pay a known upfront fee than get stiffed at the door when there's no "out" for them?
Poor business practice, but a nice place to stay.

Their prices are on the high side. Base on thier tipping guide, tips for 2 people for 7 nights will run over $200.00. Transportation will be another $20.00. Buy drink fixin's in the market accross from PLG and make your own. But with convienient unlimited shore diving, you may not be drinking that much. I like SCC but only go there when they have a good special. Their specials don't seem to be as good or as often as they used to be.

Yikes! what is up with the outrageous drink prices?!?!?! thanks for the tip about buying acorss the street. that's definitely where i'll be. too bad, because it's nice to hang out in a bar and meet other divers. are the SCC people super aggro about you not drinking outside drinks on their property?? or are they pretty lax about it??

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nursesarah once bubbled...
Yikes! what is up with the outrageous drink prices?!?!?! thanks for the tip about buying acorss the street. that's definitely where i'll be. too bad, because it's nice to hang out in a bar and meet other divers. are the SCC people super aggro about you not drinking outside drinks on their property?? or are they pretty lax about it??

No problem bringing in stuff from the market. Bottle deposits are around 4 pesos so, unless you want to haul them back, staff can make a few coins on returns. I've been there 5 times & think I remember seeing a few bar chairs in the lower dining area. I've never seen many folks there. It's just not the kind of place where people hang out around the bar. But the hammocks can get a little busy. I think you will find the service to be quite good. Don't miss the coconut ice cream.

And enjoy the shore diving.

sounds like SCC is going to be a good choice. what should i expect weather and water-temp wise in the middle of january??will we miss the rainy season???

Back
Top Bottom