Scuba Club Closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There ain't no one here. Who you gonna be open for? Headlines in some paper today, 80% of restaurants closed. Every place on the east side today, the parking lot was empty - so I'm told.

There's word of an 11pm curfew, 20,000 peso fine or jail if in violation - starting Friday. Someone said to stock up on beer, they'll stop selling booze next......

I see shop owners sitting on stools with open doors, why not? But, the faucet ain't dripping, it's dry.

For the people earning a living here, holy ****. When do you think it'll turn back on? I dearly hope that when it's ok to travel, even though you might no have all that money you once did, you make the sacrifice and come here - eat, drink, dive, take tours - whatever - these folks are gonna be hurting for sometime.

I had a Cozumel trip planned for 20APR through 04MAY - down the tubes now, of course. You may rest assured that I will get myself there as quickly as humanly possible when things settle down!

There ain't no one here. Who you gonna be open for? Headlines in some paper today, 80% of restaurants closed. Every place on the east side today, the parking lot was empty - so I'm told.

There's word of an 11pm curfew, 20,000 peso fine or jail if in violation - starting Friday. Someone said to stock up on beer, they'll stop selling booze next......

I see shop owners sitting on stools with open doors, why not? But, the faucet ain't dripping, it's dry.

For the people earning a living here, holy ****. When do you think it'll turn back on? I dearly hope that when it's ok to travel, even though you might no have all that money you once did, you make the sacrifice and come here - eat, drink, dive, take tours - whatever - these folks are gonna be hurting for sometime.
I am just waiting on some sort of "it's safe to go back in the water" announcement that I find as credible. Heck, I am hoping to rebook for May! I am so bored that I am doing a bunch of PADI eLearning courses (another story...)

My yearly 3 weeks this year - Apr 17 to May 8th cancelled for this year. Will keep money on credit for condo and diving.
Waiting for airlines to cancel flights for refund otherwise have to use the credit but book 330 days out so not much time to use it. Wait and see.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom