Scuba Cache

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ten9T6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello Swampers...

I know some of you do this or have tried this.....Geocaching / Terracaching... Well, today I put a multistage Terracache out at CSSP. If your interested, visit www.terrecaching.com, it should post in a day or two under the name "Counterfeit Cash Cache 1" ...from Ten9T6.

I do have a request for those of you that dive CSSP quite a bit. If you are swimming along in about 30 ft of water and find a blue pelican (final stage..about 8in) or a white altoids Tin..with directions to the final stage....that have my email ..... CC code..and terrecaching.com written on it...PLEASE, leave it for others to find and log. Feel free to take one of the items in it, but if you do, will you let me know and log the find on terracaching.com ? I just want it to last a little while for others to find. I am sure it will get hijacked in the summer, when the place is full....but, hopefully, it will be safe while it is cold.

Thanks everyone....
Kenny

I have been Geocahing for a couple years. Gonna plave a scubacache in Lake Travis.
Let me know if you ever get down the Austin way.

So, do I need to use a grid, circular or random search pattern? :D

Don't have a GPS...would a compass help?

This sounds like fun!

I found a scuba cache on Maui a couple of years ago. Too bad it's gone these days. It was hidden in a sunken outrigger canoe in about 35 feet of water. Just a blast.

sealskin98:
So, do I need to use a grid, circular or random search pattern? :D

Don't have a GPS...would a compass help?

This sounds like fun!

haha...actually...being familiar with CSSP, you could read the cache description and find the first point without a GPS. The clue for the second stage is pretty straight forward. That gives you heading and kick cycles to the final. Shouldn't be hard, unless the vis goes...or someone hijacks the leaky pelcan case. :wink:

Kenny

I've been thinking about doing this for a while myself. I just applied on terracaching.com under the same user name as here, but haven't received my activation number yet. Would you mind sponsoring me so I can get this started here in AZ? This is a great idea!

Dive-aholic:
I've been thinking about doing this for a while myself. I just applied on terracaching.com under the same user name as here, but haven't received my activation number yet. Would you mind sponsoring me so I can get this started here in AZ? This is a great idea!

I responded to your post over there.....By the time I did, you already had two sponsors.....Let me know if either of them don't work out for you. Have fun!!!

Kenny

Thanks. I saw that. They're fast! Not a whole lot on terracaching in my area, so I signed up on geocaching and went out to find 3 caches last night just to get an idea of how this thing works. I like terracaching's system though. Looking forward to finding some of those caches. Also looking forward to posting my first. I already know what it will be.

Great idea! I'll be at CSSP this weekend, so I'll have to give it a try.

(Er, you HAVE talked to Robert about this, haven't you? I'm guessing he likes the idea, but it would be good to have his blessings.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom