SCUBA Apparel Fashion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm really new to SCUBA diving. Are there any brands that really focus on physical appearance? I'm interested in getting a wetsuit and goggles that aren't the "basic black" that many wetsuits are.

most dive shops will have coloured masks, gloves etc..

I don't think fashion is high on most peoples agenda with diving.. You could have a custom made wetsuit made, I've just picked mine up on the weekend.

You can get just about any color or pattern. However, the coolest fashion statement is what you seek to avoid, basic black. Go with black or very understated colors. Let the reef be colorful. As a diver, be as invisible as you can be.
DivemasterDennis

I'm really new to SCUBA diving. Are there any brands that really focus on physical appearance? I'm interested in getting a wetsuit and goggles that aren't the "basic black" that many wetsuits are.

M2YOBW-2.jpg

M2YRCW-2.jpg

M2YRC-2.jpg

M2BY-2.jpg

Wetsuits / Hoods / Gloves / Socks

Wetsuits / Hoods / Gloves / Socks

cxzczxxzc

I designed this wetsuit for women based on the same premise that you were thinking about. I wanted it to be high performance and durable because as a dive instructor I am in the water more than your average person. However, since I basically lived in my wetsuit, I was interested in making it stylish and flattering in addition to it being highly functional.

The best feature of a Truli Wetsuit is that the neoprene is lined with fleece, so it keeps your core warm and feels so soft on your skin. As of now, I've just got the black with orange, yellow, or blue. But I am working on a longer legged style with NO BLACK! I can't wait for the prototype to get here!

What do you think?

www.TruliWetsuits.com

www.Facebook.com/TruliWetsuits
www.Instagram.com/TruliWetsuits

MiaUnderBoat_TruliWetsuits_VladJelnin.jpg

MeghansProfile_MeghanMaguire_TruliWetsuits_GenesisReyes.jpg
VladaIrinaBeautiful_TruliWetsuits_MiaToose.JPG

I think the style and fashion of dive gear is under appreciated, imo. I would also disagree with going with all black gear unless that's what you like...why? Because underwater everyone looks very similar with all that black gear! My personal gear is black and blue...I even custom painted my fins for easy recognition so my clients can locate me in the water.

As for the best looking gear, I'm a bit biased, but it's hard to go wrong with Scubapro. They not only have the functionality and performance on point, but also offer great color choices where you can match all of your equipment.

If you are really into 'customs,' you should check out some of my stuff. I currently have several pairs of hand painted Jet Fins (1 pair currently for sale), as well as custom weight belts, log books, and dive apparel available the first of June. Glad to see another fashion-forward diver here! Of course it's not top priority, but why not look good at the same time?! Take care!
-Blaine

I've seen Mia's Truly suits. Very special. I look forward to seeing the longer ones when they come out!

From what I have seen any fashion (or dignity sometimes) in scuba diving is usually reserved for the coverup between dives and the headed out to the dinner/bar apparel. I enjoy seeing the ladies who are newly certified go from the "waterproof" makeup smearing and running everywhere and trying to constantly fix their paint/powders after the dive to letting their natural beauty shine through when the realize that "waterproof" does not mean dive proof.

As I was told before a dive we will all look like penguins when we are all suited up and ready to dive.

I think its important to remember that it's what you like and what makes you feel good that actually adds to your dive experience. Why not wear something that makes you feel good, its your taste, your gear, and its part of how you want to express yourself. Sure everyone is used to seeing black, used to wearing black and perhaps that is what they like. I happen to like black myself. But I can appreciate variety, it gives me something to check out, and it just makes everything more interesting and fun to me. Nothing wrong with that.

Frank G
www.zgearinc.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom