Scuba Activities ? (things to do underwater?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me and my ex found a secluded little dive spot......

Perhaps you should send a proposal to PADI to offer a specialty certification in that. People have made fun of topics like underwater basket weaving, for example. Why not... If nothing else, the course design and check-out dives ought to be interesting.

Wow ... talk about taking Peak Performance Buoyancy to a whole new level ... betchya it'd be a popular class ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Underwater dancing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The only reason I dive is to "look at the fishies", and the sea life. Unless a wreck is covered in growth and has some fishies on it it's uninteresting to me, I see ships above water all year long. I have no desire to try a rolling budda or a floating Jesus,if there is nothing to look at I'm ready to end the dive,but I would stay down with a buddy that wanted to do these moves and watch.

If you strip away the marine life they host, none of the wrecks I've been on offers anything close to the amazing complexity of a healthy coral reef. If marine life doesn't interest you, fine, but to say that you want more than the marine life has to offer is just an admission that you are too oblivious or too unskilled to appreciate the myriad complexity of the marine environment, or that you are diving in some singularly boring spots. If you are bored with diving after 0-24 dives, now would be a good time to sell your gear and take up golf.

I've been reading through this thread knowing I was going to post something very similar at the end, but you beat me to it, and I totally agree. If someone is bored with diving, they need to learn to appreciate the dive environment they're in, change their dive environment, or quit diving. As I just posted recently in another thread, with 80% of the life on Earth being underwater, there is not enough dive time in my lifetime to get bored looking at it.

Are you just talking recreational, or commercial? Public Safety Divers, Navy Divers, the people who work on underwater construction, they come to mind...

I just didn't know whether 'hunt dead bodies' or 'place bombs on ship hulls' would sound morbid or something...:D

Richard.

Do we need to supply our own body or is that part of the course fee?

Michael

Cartwheels, Forward Rolls etc. can be fun, and are great buoyancy practice, even pretending to sleep 6" off the bottom!

Bahamas070311AM2 - 20.JPG

Planking...! (google it).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom