Scuba Activities ? (things to do underwater?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow.... I gotta say this is a pretty inventive group, thanks for the laughs!!!

How has no one added hockey??? There used to be a league here apparently :) Freediving in pools though, but I still think it counts. (And if you are wondering yes I am Canadian!)

And perfect for the current here - the moonwalk! Take off your fins, become slightly negative, and jump from rock to rock! Haven't tried it yet, last time I saw it done I kept flooding my mask from laughing so hard

Wow.... I gotta say this is a pretty inventive group, thanks for the laughs!!!

How has no one added hockey??? There used to be a league here apparently :) Freediving in pools though, but I still think it counts. (And if you are wondering yes I am Canadian!)

And perfect for the current here - the moonwalk! Take off your fins, become slightly negative, and jump from rock to rock! Haven't tried it yet, last time I saw it done I kept flooding my mask from laughing so hard

i think i saw somewhere once that people that do that ice diving play hockey upside down by taking there fins off and becoming positively buoyant.

kind like this, but with tanks and no fins

underwater_ice_hockey-550x366.jpg

I can not believe know one has talked about......Treasure Hunting. Its big with many divers including some of the most famous. Chatterton comes to mind. Gary hosted a show called Treasure Hunters, but it was canceled after one season. I bet Gary still has the bug.

I guess it depends on how you define treasure:
Me and my ex found a secluded little dive spot......

:eyebrow:

I once saw a bored diver at a 10' safety stop blowing air rings. Not sure how much fun that is but we had nothing else to do at the time.

Here's a photo of making a basket underwater. Took about 30-45 min. total. Neither of us had done it before. The diver shown is a 15 yo Venture scout

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1164.jpg
    IMG_1164.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 94
Yesterday I succeeded in a new sport. "Fishing for Dogs". This is a catch-and-release activity. You attach bait (a likely stick) to the reel of your choice. Attach one end of the bait to the line it stands vertically when fishing. Descend a few feet and float the bait in front of a swimming dog. It helps to have a shore helper point the stick out to your 'catch'. Hang on and have fun. This is a tiring, but very amusing activity for the fisherman, and both u/w and surface observers.

PS. The dogs slept all the way home.[video=facebook;151244554961481]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=151244554961481[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom