Scuabamau diving accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless you all with a rapid, complete recovery.

:signofcross:

OK so let me start by saying my name is Heath and i am the 3rd diver involved in the accident. I was there unlike kevin who seems to be spreading rumors as to what happened and was not even on the island ( so Kevin shut the F*** UP! and stop spreading hearsay and rumors ) I was there for the entire dive that has put the three of us in the hospital and has the three of us taking rides in the chamber twice a day. the three of us were caught in a down current that pushed us down deeper than we had ever planed on going and by the time we recovered we had to buddy breath off of one tank all the way to the surface and were not able to make any stops due to the lack of air.

I know none of you know me but at this point Opal and Gabi are both in bad shape and don't need rumors being spread about what might have happened but they do need to be in your prayers.
I'm glad you're doing better Heath. I think we've met before if you're the guy that was diving with Scuba Mau in April. I do feel the need to say something that I think others have said or are thinking. Kevin is a good guy. I haven't read anything from him that was disrepsectfull to you, Opal or Gabi, and I know he wouldn't do so. He was just trying to bring info to all of us that are very concerned over what's happened. And I thank him for that.

Best of luck with your recovery!
David

Has anybody spoken with Mau and/or the rest of the gang at ScubaMau? Wondering how they're doing...My best wishes to them as well...

DSC01348.jpgDSC01349.jpg

VIERNES 09 DE SEPTIEMBRE DEL 2011

HOLA!!!

PARA TODOS LOS QUE ME CONOCEN Y LOS QUE NO ME LLAMO O ME DICEN GABYLOCO ESTOY AQUI EN UNA CAMA DE LA CAMARA HIPERBARICA SIN PODER MOVER LA MITAD DE MI CUERPO SIN PODER DEFECAR Y/O ORINAR POR MI MISMO PERO FELIZ POR QUE PUEDO CONTARLES LO QUE VIVI Y ESTOY CON MI FAMILIA DESPUES DE UNA DESCOMPRESION MUY FUERTE, SI TU ERES BUZO ME ENTENDERAS QUE DESPUES DE 300 PIES DE PROFUNDIDAD LO QUE SE RESPIRA YA NO ES NITROGENO NI MUCHO MENOS OXIGENO SI NO SOLO ES VENENO PURO, LE DOY MUCHAS GRACIAS A DIOS QUE ME DOTO DE LA FUERZA DE PODER RESCATAR A UNA PERSONA QUE MUCHOS QUIEREN AQUI EN ESTA ISLA DE COZUMEL Y QUE SE LLAMA O LE DICEN; MAS BIEN LA CONOCEN COMO "OPAL" LA CUAL SE ENCONTRABA A 400 PIES POR QUE AL ENTRAR EN NARCOCIS YA NO SABIA LO QUE HACIA, Y YO TOME EL RIESGO DE IR POR ELLA A SU RESCATE Y SOMOS AFORTUNADOS DE HABER SALIDO AMBOS CON VIDA. DIOS NOS DIO OTRA OPORTUNIDAD YO ME ENCUENTRO PARALIZADO PERO "OPAL" SIGUE LUCHANDO POR SU VIDA Y EL SR. HEATH QUE TAMBIEN ESTUVO CON NOSOTROS EN EL ACCIDENTE SE ENCUENTRA CON ELLA APOYANDOLE EN TODO YO SE QUE YA NO VOY A PODER BUCEAR POSIBLEMENTE NUNCA MAS PERO DOY GRACIAS A DIOS QUE AL MENOS ESTAMOS VIVOS PARA PODER CONTARLO Y YO SE QUE CUALQUIERA DE USTEDES HUBIERA HECHO LO MISMO POR "OPAL" AHORA QUIERO DARLE LAS GRACIAS A TODAS LAS PERSONAS QUE NOS ESTAN APOYANDO ECONOMICAMENTE Y CON SUS BENDICIONES QUIERO QUE SEPAN QUE ESTOY MUY AGRADECIDO AL IGUAL QUE MI FAMILIA Y QUE DIOS LLENE DE BENDICIONES A TODOS MIS VERDADEROS AMIGOS QUE SON USTEDES POR QUE EN UN CASO COMO ESTE SE CONOCEN EN REALIDAD LOS AMIGOS. YO AQUI ESTOY EN LAS MEJORES MANOS QUE DIOS ME PUDO HABER BRINDADO ESTOY RODEADO DE PUROS ANGELES "MUCHAS GRACIAS JULIO TORRES; QUE DIOS TE BENDIGA"
LOS CUALES SON EL EQUIPO DE MEDICOS DOCTORAS, ENFERMERIA, PARAMEDICOS Y TODOS LOS QUE LABORAN EN LA CAMARA HIPERBARICA DE COZUMEL QUE SON LOS QUE NO ME DEJARON MORIR Y QUE YA SON PARTE DE MI FAMILIA AQUI ESTOY CON MI FAMILIA EN LA FOTO POR SI NO ME CONOCEN, Y EL DIA QUE QUIERAN PLATICAR CONMIGO AQUI LES ESPERO POR QUE MIS TERAPIAS VAN PARA LARGO ES TRISTE PERO CON APOYO Y MUCHA FE EN DIOS NOS VAMOS A RECUPERAR. PARA LA GENTE QUE NO SABE DE ESTO SOLO LES PUEDO DECIR QUE ESTOY ASI POR SALVAR UNA VIDA Y ESTOY TRISTE POR QUE EL BUCEO ERA LO MEJOR QUE ME HABIA DADO DIOS Y YA NO PODRE HACERLO MAS. AHORA TODOS LES REZAMOS A DIOS PARA QUE "OPAL" SE RECUPERE EN DONDE ESTA POR QUE TODOS LA QUEREMOS MUCHAS MUCHAS GRACIAS POR TODO LES QUIERE GABYLOCO Y FAMILIA...

MI CORREO ES gabyloco1974@hotmail.com
mi numero de telefono celular es: 9871198691

Google translation of Gabi's post....

FRIDAY 09 SEPTEMBER 2011

HELLO!

FOR ALL WHO KNOW ME AND NOT TELL ME OR CALL ME I'M HERE GABYLOCO on a bed of the hyperbaric chamber unable to move half of my body NOT to defecate and / or urine BY MYSELF BUT HAPPY BECAUSE YOU CAN COUNT ON I lived and'm with my family after decompression STRONG, IF YOU ARE ME UNDERSTAND THAT DIVER 300 FEET AFTER DEEP BREATHING AND WHAT IS NOT MUCH LESS NITROGEN OR OXYGEN IF NO ONE IS PURE POISON, WE GIVE THANKS Doto ME GOD TO FORCE SOMEONE TO RESCUE MANY WANT HERE IN THIS ISLAND OF COZUMEL AND CALLED YOU SAY OR, RATHER known as "OPAL" WHICH WAS THAT A 400 FEET TO ENTER NO LONGER IN NARCOCIS TO KNOW WHAT AND I TAKE THE RISK OF GOING FOR IT TO YOUR RESCUE AND WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE BOTH GONE WITH LIFE. GOD GAVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE BUT ME stalled "OPAL" STILL FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE AND MR. HEATH WAS ALSO IN THE ACCIDENT WITH WE ARE HELPING WITH HER AT ALL I KNOW AND I WILL NOT POSSIBLY NEVER DIVE MORE POWER BUT THANK GOD THAT AT LEAST WE LIVE IN ORDER TO TELL AND I KNOW YOU HAVE ANY OF FACT Ditto for "OPAL" Now I want to thank EVERYONE WE ARE YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND BLESSINGS Please know that I am grateful LIKE MY FAMILY AND GOD FILL OF BLESSINGS TO ALL MY TRUE FRIENDS WHO ARE YOU WHY IN A CASE LIKE THIS IS REALLY FRIENDS KNOW. HERE I AM IN THE BEST HANDS THAT GOD COULD HAVE GIVEN ME I'M SURROUNDED BY ANGELS PURE "JULIO TORRES THANK YOU, GOD BLESS YOU"
WHICH ARE THE TEAM OF MEDICAL DOCTORS, NURSES, paramedics and everyone working in the hyperbaric chamber COZUMEL ARE NOT LEFT ME TO DIE AND THAT YOU ARE PART OF MY FAMILY HERE I'M WITH MY FAMILY IN THE PICTURE FOR FAILURE KNOW ME, AND WANT TO TALK WITH ME THAT DAY HERE awaits them THERAPIES THAT MY VAN FOR LONG IS SAD BUT WITH A LOT OF SUPPORT AND FAITH IN GOD WE WILL RECOVER. FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT KNOW OF THIS I can only say I am SO TO SAVE A LIFE AND I am sad because the snorkeling was the best thing that had God given and can no longer do it anymore. NOW ALL We pray to God to "OPAL" recovered WHERE THIS FOR ALL THE MANY WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ALL WANT LES GABYLOCO AND FAMILY ...

My email is gabyloco1974@hotmail.com [/ email]
my cell phone number is: 9871198691[/QUOTE]
Howdy Gabi...!

Wishing you the best...!! :eyebrow:

Gracias, Gabi. Wish I knew how to say God Bless in Espanol.

Dios los bendiga

My friend Gabi, it helps everyone to read your words and know that you are alive and recovering and in good spirits.

Thoughts, prayers and good wishes from us in Canada!!!! Besos!!!!!!:kiss2:

Wooh boy.

SB folks--I've only met Gabi a couple of times, once 10 years ago and once more this past July. Both times he just seemed like someone I've always known. Hands down a great guy.

Gabi, it's really good to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom