Scout light or Mini Scout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Art, exactly what I'm looking for then. Tired of buying the wrong equipment, ebaying it, then buying the right stuff. Cheaper to get it right the first time. :)

BTW, based on something I read on TDS, the SeaElite may have a focusable beam after all. I need to investigate that further (unless someone here has first hand knowledge)...

The Sea Elite is not focusable. It's focusED, not focusable.

Personally I don't really see the point of a focusABLE light. Just give me a narrow beam and I'm happy.

jonnythan:
The Sea Elite is not focusable. It's focusED, not focusable.

Personally I don't really see the point of a focusABLE light. Just give me a narrow beam and I'm happy.

I have the Halcyon version of this light. It isn't quite focused enough. It is a slight compromise more for open water divers. It works, I use it for cave dives where I need a ridiculously long burn time from a 10 watt, but isn't as tight as you can make the focusable ones. The 21 watt is a more reliable lighthead (in a relative sense).

RTodd:
I have the Halcyon version of this light. It isn't quite focused enough. It is a slight compromise more for open water divers. It works, I use it for cave dives where I need a ridiculously long burn time from a 10 watt, but isn't as tight as you can make the focusable ones. The 21 watt is a more reliable lighthead (in a relative sense).
Beating a dead horse I'm sure...

But is it a poor compromise? It looks like Barry has the focusable version for $225 more on his website.

I'm not a fan of cheap, but I'm a big fan of value.

StSomewhere:

But is it a poor compromise? It looks like Barry has the focusable version for $225 more on his website.

If I only had one HID, I would get a 21 watt. I won't comment on Barry's stuff. He did design some great stuff in the past. However, his alleged creative financing practices for his new business would prevent me from ever doing business with him.

StSomewhere:

Can you please tell me the URL of Barry's site? I like to have a look at the Focusable version. Thanks

Vie:

Old news, but here it is. It's sad, but I suppose that given the general state of the diving industry this type of stuff probably doesn't bother some if they can save a few bucks.

The High Springs Herald

March 3, 2005

A High Springs man arrested on charges of grand theft in November has turned over additional property to police.

Barry Miller, 43, of High Springs, was arrested on Nov. 23 after officials from Halcyon Manufacturing, Inc. reported more than $140,000 worth of raw materials and miscellaneous items missing from inventory.

Police arrested Miller after a search of Miller’s business, Salvo Diving, located at 210 N.E. First Avenue, led to the recovery of approximately $25,000 in Halcyon Manufacturing products.

On Feb. 21, Barry turned over additional items to the police and consented to an additional search of the business, which led to a total of $37,000 worth of additional products being recovered.

To date, the total amount of recovered product is valued at approximately $60,000.

Contact High Springs Police Department – 386-454-1415 for additional information.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom