Scout light or Mini Scout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

depends. some people like the mini scout some like the scout. its a matter of preference. but the mini scout was made for people with smaller frame. either or you will be fine. for the price though of the scout/mini scout id ratehr get the P. torpedoes.

I also have torpedoes. It is a solid back up light though. Depending on your body, mini can be better fit, for example my GF. It is a back up light, not primary one. So.......

What if I will use scout as my primary because I don't do Cave or Wreck diving therefore Canister light would be over kill and way over my budget. Can I get any LED light? would it still be DIR?

If I have to get the primary one, the scout isn't the first choice. Sure, you can use is as the primary, but it is designed for a back up light. Get the decent LED lights, such as UK C8 eLed or PT Shockwave LED.

nagonoj:
What if I will use scout as my primary because I don't do Cave or Wreck diving therefore Canister light would be over kill and way over my budget. Can I get any LED light? would it still be DIR?

hoosier:
If I have to get the primary one, the scout isn't the first choice. Sure, you can use is as the primary, but it is designed for a back up light. Get the decent LED lights, such as UK C8 eLed or PT Shockwave LED.

True the Scout wasn't designed as a primary light.

Since this question was posed in the DIR forum, however, the UK C8 eLed or PT Shockwave LED are not DIR.

That does raise an important question though. What is a DIR diver to do if they don't cave dive, wreck penetration dive, and doesn't have or not want to spend the money on a canister light?

Sorry if I'm scratching on your chalkboard, RTodd....:D

Derek S:
TThat does raise an important question though. What is a DIR diver to do if they don't cave dive, wreck penetration dive, and doesn't have or not want to spend the money on a canister light?
Then hopefully he will get his head out of his butt and stop being, forgive the term, a nickel rocket.

You know as well as anyone that DIR doesn't allow for comprimises in gear for personal preference or for the sake of saving a couple of bucks.

You're obviously free to be quasi-DIR in the meantime I suppose.

you aren't required to have a can light to take DIRF. adding a UK C4 LED to a non can-light config wouldn't be much different than adding an U/W camera or something like that. just make sure to stow it where doesn't dangle...

not DIR, but pretty acceptable if you're not interested in tech diving...

lamont:
you aren't required to have a can light to take DIRF. adding a UK C4 LED to a non can-light config wouldn't be much different than adding an U/W camera or something like that. just make sure to stow it where doesn't dangle...

not DIR, but pretty acceptable if you're not interested in tech diving...

good point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom