Scout alternatives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by O-ring
I may sand those suckers down a little since they may cause wear on the webbing and I think they are going to cause the innertube to sever if I keep deploying them by just yanking...
You should have a couple extra pieces of innertube on your shoulder strap in case one breaks. Not that this is an argument not to sand them down...

Roak

I use two Koehler-Bright Star Inc. Responder lights. These lights are 3 C cell, 50,000 CP lights. These lights are NFPA, OSHA, MSHA and UL approved for firefighting, underwater use and even intrinsically safe. Best of all, they only cost $30!! I have a couple in my fire gear, one in my EMS gear, and one at home. They are basically the same as the Pelican Super Sabre but much higher CP and better light dispersion through water and smoke. Just my thoughts.

Here's the link for those responder lights if anyone is interested. You can get them in black, yellow and orange.

www.galls.com

These guys are public safety outfitters but anyone can order most things from them. Only certain law enforcement and warning lights are restricted purchases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom