Scorpion Fish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Streydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Picture quality is not great and I could not see the whole body, I wasn't even sure it was a fish until I got a little closer and it moved. Is this a scorpion fish or some type of frog fish?
G0017109.JPG

There is a circular shape with stripes just slightly right and down from center. Assuming that is one of the eyes I will go with a scorpion fish.

Cali_Diver spoke up just as I posted.

The green tassels, above the upper lip, indicate that it is Caribbean species. Where did you see it?

It was on Tunich in Cozumel Wed., current was very mild and gave us time to poke around. I am terrible at spotting these guys, we say three others on that dive but not with the green "patches" on the face.

So hard to see. Another good reason not to touch anything underwater and keep well clear of the coral and vegetation. How big was it?

So hard to see. Another good reason not to touch anything underwater and keep well clear of the coral and vegetation. How big was it?
I couldn't really see the whole body, it was under a piece of vegetation. By the size of the head I would guess 8-10" long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom