Scorpion Fish?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is one from Roatan, there was a juvenile drum fish about 12" from it that I would like to think is still alive.
G0353504.JPG

Lembeh Indonesia. For some reason the dive guide found this funny :idk:

Nice shot! It actually got the cardinal fish. I thought it missed, but after a second look at the video, there was another cardinal fish down below that was sucked in by the scorpion fish.

Last edited:
If you do get stuck. Just apply hot water. There toxin is a protein and it breaks down from heat. Never put your hand in cold water I know I got hit from one years ago and put hand in ice chest. three hours of it getting worse I called my Doctor, You fing idiot go run hot water over the hand. 5 minutes later pain was completely gone, Live and learn.

If you do get stuck. Just apply hot water. There toxin is a protein and it breaks down from heat. Never put your hand in cold water I know I got hit from one years ago and put hand in ice chest. three hours of it getting worse I called my Doctor, You fing idiot go run hot water over the hand. 5 minutes later pain was completely gone, Live and learn.

Did the same thing after being stung by a Stingray. Live and learn but, unfortunately, no such deal as the pain being completely gone with a Stingray. Stingray pain and swelling sticks with one a long, long time. I learned to sleep for several days holding my hand (which looked like a softball with 5 sausages attached) over my head to ease the throbbing.

IMG_0583.JPG
Check out the nostrils on this big guy. This specimen was about 20" long and was perched on a cap rock type of reef in Fort Lauderdale, waiting for lunch to swim by.
I think this one goes back about 10yrs or so. I was testing a 100mm macro lens and this scorpionfish provided full cooperation.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Devil scorpionfish spreading its pectoral fins.
kM0016799.JPG

Back
Top Bottom