Scooter recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed, it's a very nice scooter. But over 3.500 $ ... :(

I suggest you rent one, Borrow one and try it out before you buy. You cant do much with one other than get around better. I bought one years ago and tried spear fishing with it. For me it didn't work trying to drag all the gear while holding on to the scooter. I got tired of it and sold it. Maybe there is a way to use one effectively for dragging stuff around. I'm sure changes have been made since I tried 25 years ago so check it out unless it's just a novelty and you can afford to try it.

I don't have where to try one...Nodody has one at dive centers in Nice...

also, let's remember that the OP is in France, not the US, so DiveX, SS, Gavin, not the names I'd be recommending due to proximity. Of the ones you have mentioned, Suex gets my nod of the ones you listed. Stinks the 7 can't be had with the better handle options, but oh well, it's basically a modern equivalent of a UV18

@tbone1004 , you can have a better handle. See their website. I see that they have an additional handle that you can buy...

Go with the Suex. It's very well made, well designed, and will just work straight out of the box. If you're in Nice, then you're not a million miles away from the factory either.

I am however biased, as I'm a Suex dealer :) But I only became a dealer because I loved the products so much.

@tbone1004 , you can have a better handle. See their website. I see that they have an additional handle that you can buy...

it's better, but not as nice as the ones on the Xjoy14 and up line. Personal preferences. Personally I would look for a used Suex 14 or higher model and you should be able to find some locally

Why xjoy 14 ? What's the difference between them in reality ?

retracted on the trigger, the power grip does rotate the grip from the tekna/mako/gavin style into the perpendicular style that makes maneuvering much easier.

motor on the 14 is going to give you a bit more power and speed which is nice to have when you want or need it. The risk with the 14 is the nimh batteries, so make sure they are relatively new and you'll be OK

disclaimer, I don't have any trigger time on the 7 or 14, but do on the 37 and xk1 as well as most of the other higher end dpv's on the market.

The XJ14 is a much more capable DPV, but it's also about double the price of the XJoy7.
Specifically the XJoy 7 has 2 speeds (slow and "fast"), an 80m depth rating and a lead-acid battery. It doesn't have the same thrust as the higher scooters.
The XJ14 has a fully variable speed, an NiMH battery, and a 200m depth rating. It has higher thrust, and so can either go faster, or pull more drag through the water.
The Xjoy 7 is designed for recreational diving. The XJ14 is the first in the range designed for Tech diving. The XJ37 and XK1 then continue to have higher specs above that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom