SB Orca bait dive, October 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver:
I know you folks have been getting more than your share of rain and the 10 day forecast is calling for rain nearly every day we are there. I would guess that a little rain would not stop a bunch of Seattle divers from diving.
Rain shouldn't stop anyone from diving ... after all, you're gonna get wet anyway, right?

If nothing else, it provides a nice fresh-water rinse when you get outta the water ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Rain shouldn't stop anyone from diving ... after all, you're gonna get wet anyway, right?

If nothing else, it provides a nice fresh-water rinse when you get outta the water ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's what I was hoping you'd say.:D Are you still unable to attend?

NWGratefulDiver:
Oh well ... I did manage a couple nice shots of some other cool critters ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great pix Bob--thanks for sharing!!

DeepDog:
We descended on this one and then saw two more not far away.

Thanks for sharing your pixs DeepDog--they are too cute--I just love seeing everyone's pix--it's the next best thing to being there..

WVDiver:
That's what I was hoping you'd say.:D Are you still unable to attend?
Sorry, but I won't make it ... you're in good hands, though ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob got a better offer . . . :)

The great thing about rain is it makes you HAPPY to get in your drysuit early!

That Jimmie seems to attract the octo encounters with physical contact - I'd dive with him if you can! The encounter we had at Les Davis last year stillputs a smile on my face.

My sister and I are planning to attend. We're looking forward to putting some faces to some posts. :D

Well, we had a good couple of dives today. Penopolypants (pronounced to rhyme with Monopoly pants) and her friend Tiffany joined us, and Double Dip and WV Diver and a friend of Double Dip's with his girlfriend. My husband, Peter Guy, and I dove with our friend Roxanne. The skies were grey and it was raining a bit (more than a bit as we came up from the first dive) but where is it better to be in the rain than under water?

Viz wasn't bad, and the current, despite predictions and reports, was virtually nonexistent. We saw the usual suspects, lots of them. WV Diver really enjoyed the profusion of sea life. He said 90% of what he saw was entirely new to him. He's still hoping for an octopus, even though he saw ling cod as big as he was.

Our friend Roxanne had to abort her first dive because she saw somebody breaking into her truck. I have never seen anybody do a backwards butterfly at Olympic speed in a drysuit before . . . She lost nothing, and it turned out she had forgotten to lock the truck, but she missed the first dive. Since it had been over six months since her last one, this was tragic. If you can believe it, she's had trouble finding people to dive with. Obviously, she was not hooked into Scubaboard . . . this has been remedied :)

We had a great surface interval for warming up and discussing the dive gear we were all lusting after. I guess it's no surprise that HID lights led the way.

Thank you, Double Dip, for organizing this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom