SB Orca bait dive, October 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to go. Where do we meet up?

DoubleDip:
Geez, the pressures on now!
Has anyone seen the Honey Bear Octopus at cove two in the last couple of days?

So far then the head count is eight people....looking good.

At least my understanding now is that we are meeting at Edmonds Underwater Park at noon.

sounds reasonable. I've never been there -- will it be fairly easy to locate each other?

TSandM:
At least my understanding now is that we are meeting at Edmonds Underwater Park at noon.

Well, if there are parking spots in the lot by the restrooms, it's not a very big lot. It's often full of divers, though, so I guess you just go around asking, "Are you Orca Bait people?"

Of course, arriving at noon, there may not be any parking there :(

TSandM:
Boy, we didn't encounter the octos tonight, but I enjoyed your sailfin sculpin picture, because we found two of them, and I had never seen them before.
Well, Jimmie and I had a really neat octo encounter yesterday morning at Cove 2 ... down at the end of Olive's piling. Thing was probably in the 10-11 foot size range. I enticed him to wrap a tentacle around my hand, while I was snapping shots with the other hand. Sadly, due to operator error, all the pics came out fuzzy. We went back down on our second dive to do it again, but he was gone.

Oh well ... I did manage a couple nice shots of some other cool critters ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nice pictures. I like Red Fur Crab. Cute two Gunnels!

WADiverBob

I'm still good to go. My buddy is not sure he can make it...

NWGratefulDiver:
It's really too bad you didn't get any shots of the octo encounter. When he was grabbing on to your hand was VERY cool. I was afraid he might get too frisky and not let you escape... he was a big fella!

That warbonnet pic turned out GREAT, too! Looking at it on the LCD after the dive definitely didn't do it justice.

Jimmie

Hello everyone,

We will be leaving early on Wednesday and arriving in Seattle around 5 pm your time. Glad to see so many divers will be able to make it out Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting all of you.

I won't have a laptop with me so unless there is public access to a computer, say a library or something similar close by I won't be able to communicate. I'm sure I will be able to find something.

I have emailed TSandM and DoubleDip and they have my name and know where I am staying and I have TSandM's phone number so I don't expect any problems.

I know you folks have been getting more than your share of rain and the 10 day forecast is calling for rain nearly every day we are there. I would guess that a little rain would not stop a bunch of Seattle divers from diving.

Take care, see you in Seattle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom