SB Member Littlejohn in critical condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I missed that in my first read. Thanks. I am going to get some ID to keep on my person when I am diving. That was a very round-about way to contact his family and my thanks go out to your for your efforts.

Didn't the dive op have emergency contact info on a release or anything?

Don't know John or any one else involved but I am praying for his speedy recovery. Fritz, I would just like to say "SUPER JOB" on what you have done for LJ. I hope that if I ever do have a problem that people like you are there to help! Your comments on ID stuff is a great idea and is something I will do in the future for sure.

Keep us posted.

BP

Thanks for writing a good detailed report and keeping us posted like you have, Look to hear more soon hoping for the best.

Most of the time when I sign a release it includes listing an emergency contact. Just for this reason.

Here is what you sign if you dive with JDC. Not really contact information, but a permanent address and phone number. That's only useful if somebody is home.

I have to do better in this regard. My name and cell phone number are on all my cylinders. If there was an emergency, someone would call a phone locked in my truck.

http://www.jupiterdivecenter.com/BoatRelease.pdf

The DAN tag sounds like an awesome idea, and I think I will get one or at least something similar. I already do something similar in my truck-in both the visors, the glove box, and the center console, I have a brief letter outling who to contact if something happens to me. Everyone really should add a request for contact info from buddies to their predive, but wow, talk about a mood killer... I wonder if we can use SB for this somehow? Obviously posting contact info on the web for anyone to find is not wise, but I wonder if there is something that can be added to the base profile? Something not public but locatable in an emergency? A member adds emergency contact info but it's only viewable by... I don't know the details! I'm just brainstorming but something should be possible? SB Staff or Supporters??????????

The DAN tag sounds like an awesome idea, and I think I will get one or at least something similar. I already do something similar in my truck-in both the visors, the glove box, and the center console, I have a brief letter outling who to contact if something happens to me. Everyone really should add a request for contact info from buddies to their predive, but wow, talk about a mood killer... I wonder if we can use SB for this somehow? Obviously posting contact info on the web for anyone to find is not wise, but I wonder if there is something that can be added to the base profile? Something not public but locatable in an emergency? A member adds emergency contact info but it's only viewable by... I don't know the details! I'm just brainstorming but something should be possible? SB Staff or Supporters??????????

I carry my personal contact information on board in my drybag and tell my buddy, the Capt, or DM where it is if anything should happen to me. Included with my contacts is my Dan card. :palmtree: Bob

I missed that in my first read. Thanks. I am going to get some ID to keep on my person when I am diving. That was a very round-about way to contact his family and my thanks go out to your for your efforts.

I had a custom "dog tag" like medallion engraved. It has my name, some emergency contact information on one side, on the other my DAN number and DANs US phone numbers. it is flat and lies comfortably against my chest whether I'm diving dry or wet, and is right where you'd see it if you cut open my suit to administer first aid were I to be unconscious. you can get something like that for just a few bucks, doesn't have to be jewelry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom