SB INVADES THE KEYS... July 14-16, 2006!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck:
No, it's Tuesdays, Thursdays, and alternate Saturdays. No wait, that's my dating schedule.

And if the east coast has no mountains, what are those gigantic things I are the beee-jesus out of myself gliding down in the snow during the winter in the Blue Ridges?........oh, yeah, the bunny hills...dang. Okay, I'll stick with diving. :)

Actually it was mostly a jest! I've spent enough time on my Tail in Vermont on big ice bumps to KNOW that yes, there are mountains in the East...

While the Rockys are awesome, some of my favorite have to be in Pacific NW in the Ring of Fire. Driving down I5 (sealevel) at sunset viewing Mt. Shasta which towers to over 14,000' is awesome. Same can be said for others like Reiner from Seattle, or Mt. Hood (not as high, but awesome) from my hometown Portland, OR.

In CO Denver is at 5280', and often when viewing the 14ers you are at an elevation of over 8000' feet. What makes CO so dramatic is the sheer number of mountains you can view from any one vantage.

It's all good, well except for the diving here!

Hey??!! What's this talk about that white stuff on a SUMMER DAY!!!!!!!??:)

Scuba_Jenny:

Sorry for the COMPLETELY off topic posts! Just passing the time until I'm in FL! :D

We leave in less that a week! YeeeHaaa!

Somehow this perturbed into a nasty image of John Denver singing,
"YO HO! YO HO! A Pirate's Life For Me!"
As he spirals downwards ... (apologies to any JD fans)

We Now return you to your regularly titled thread ... SB INVADES THE KEYS!!!
(NOT the fr-kk-n mountains)
OK, Everyone, Repeat after me!

ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Sea Dragon:
OK my friends, I had my first beach dive yesterday with MB and am on my way to being certified (scuba that is) for the Invade the Keys trip! I loved it, felt right at home… I am Pisces and my Chinese sign is Water Dragon and today feel like a fish out of water..... need to get wet again!
Really looking forward to actually diving with you guys and gals instead of following with only my snorkel, see you soon.
Awesome!!! SOOO COOL!!! Congrats!!!! I remember my excitement when I got certified! And then...bad girl that I am...I did ..like 4 dives in 3 years! (I did have one GOOD excuse..my son was born in that time.) So don't be like me! Dive often...it's the way to be safe! In Delray Beach, you have so much great diving right outside your door. Congrats again!

Scuba_Jenny:
From what I understand, it's easy to find white stuff on a summer day on Miami Beach.

Oh... you meant the cold white stuff that falls from the sky... nevermind.

howarde:
From what I understand, it's easy to find white stuff on a summer day on Miami Beach.

and now for some usolicited legal advice:

admit NOTHING

:D

H2Andy:
and now for some usolicited legal advice:

admit NOTHING

:D

I said "from what I understand" - not from personal experience :D

From what I understand, that was back in the Miami Vice days, now the destination is Port Fierce. :D

If you imbibe enough Rum (can I get an ARRRR!)
it changes from "From what I understand..."
into "From what I can recall..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom