Saw this at the quarry today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add to this again I am not questioning anybody.

I can only assume that Gary is also air vac qualified and rope rescue ticketed and also have several tickets in life saving. We have a wilderness responder and a first reasponder and also their is a work place saftey guy. (ofa) Very qualified to save you. I also can assume he has all the GSAR course's. This is not intended to be little anybody or question anybody but these course's are for saving people in a different conditions. But few police carry them. They leave this up to SARS groups. For a reason.

I am not saying he is not an excellent rescue person just what was said was way over rated and I will still say untill you have exthausted all other avenues then let them pass out but there is loads of other things one can do and sitting back waiting for them to pass out is the worst case not the way this guy was acting.

Was the thirty years comment to me ? I am forty and started diving when I was Elleven so not 30 um 29.
frankly I don't care. My dad has another just about twenty on you and he still dives. I still have lots of years and more importantly dives but who cares.
I love diving for pleasure and work I am not one to say work has taken the fun out of diving I am doing both at all times. I live to blow bubbles and I am very anal about how I dive and how I respond to people in trouble. The accident I bring up is for a point as it does not effect how I dive just how I view other divers and their ability to recongnize stress and diress.

Also since when was a rescue course not a pro course ? It is for diving and that is all. The different victims is the point and only point no matter how you spell it out.

I think you have a fan club Gary and I say that with most respect.

Cheers
Foaming at the mouth

SAYING NO while you are saying you are having a hard time breathing is like choking and saying all is OK. Did you not read what the post was ???? I again say that in the nicest way.

This whole thing has gone from. Do you think I did the right thing by getting out of the way and getting my instructor to if they drown don't fret it's there fault.

Cheers
Foaming at the mouth

[Sideband, I still recomend you enroll in a rescue course
still think you did good]

PRL do you not understand he does not have his AOW yet?
Would that not be a better place to start?????????????

And nobody has slaged Gary D relax you seem to miss the point and then say we are taking things out of context.

Cheers
Foaming at the mouth

wolf eel:
[Sideband, I still recomend you enroll in a rescue course
still think you did good]

PRL do you not understand he does not have his AOW yet?
Would that not be a better place to start?????????????

And nobody has slaged Gary D relax you seem to miss the point and then say we are taking things out of context.

Cheers
Foaming at the mouth

Hehe.. I kinda removed myself from this thread about 20 posts ago. :wink:
I've got my diving education planned. AOW next spring then Rescue about 2 or 3 months (~20 dives) after that. The next year I'll start working towards either AI or DM if there are other classes needed. I need to check the requirements on both, but I want to have between 150 to 200 dives in before I start either one. I'd also like to have close to 50 of those be Lake Michigan boat dives. I'm not going to rush anything but I'm not going to dawdle either.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled slugfest. :wink:

Joe

I went over the entire topic and there is one other thing I have to add.
It accured to me that we covered enough information here for a diver not trained in rescue to be dangerous.
Rescue is serious stuff and reading topics on a board such as this is NOT a substitude for proper training.
This topic on this board is more intended as "fun" for divers that have some sort of rescue training and can come to their own conclusions they can live with.

PRL:
[
Do you think I'm stupid?] .

[BTW: If you remenber from HS first aid. If a pearson is choking and can talk you should NOT attempt to help him. You can not interfare with people that are still capable of helping them selves unless they request help.][/
QUOTE]

First thing No I do not think you are stupid or I would have said that. But I do feel you have missed my point and that is your last post. I was saying that from the start. Read it. I really thought that it was plain and simple it has been the direct route to the let m pass out and if they drown it is there fault. I thought it was a bit too much for a new diver. Did you look at how many dives he has under his belt? I have allways said how he went about this was perfect. but you all started telling him to let people pass out and all kinds of things that he had no ability when to make a choice.

As for the second point NOT where I live it is against the law not to help if you are trained even if a person is choking and it is a for sure thing with out your help he /she is in grave danger. while still standing who in there right mind is going to refuse.

Cheers

Foaming at the mouth ding

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom