Saw this at the quarry today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know. I just did an extensive search on the subject and in ILLINOIS consent is REQUIRED before anyone administers any help at all. Lack of response, ie: not breathing, unconsious, panicking, implies consent. If the victim refuses rescue and/or treatment (refuses consent) There is nothing you can do untill the victim is in such a state where consent is implied, ie: passes out, stops breathing, drowns.
That law implies to good samaritan as well, and as far as I can tell, most other states have similar laws.
BTW: ILLINOIS also has GOOD SAMARITAN LAWS as do most of other states

The incident in question happened in Kankakee, ILLINOIS and the instructor in question was bound by these laws

DUDE I live in Canada.

Second swimming beside somebody or following them in is not against the law nor would it be to stay with the person and talk with them. Remember how this thread came about. NOBODY was in that need of trouble and just because you say no thanks it's just heart burn some have had a second chance in life because others are trained and can see that they are in trouble. A person who say's he/she is ok is looked at by one like oh ok and that person walks away another person may ask if they would like to have some 02 and explain whty and maybe save that person life as that same person will talk to there doc.

I guess I would by your law go to jail because i would care less about dumb ass laws that hinder people getting along and stop you from helping me because I am no longer aware of what is going on fully and full of pride.

Cheers
Foaming at the mounth

OK after reading your last two you are not paying attention to your own post put the pipe down.

I was talking about your replys about Gary D.

Look at where people are before saying dumb ass comments. Stop breath think then act. I know in your country you can be sued for pickinng your nose with your left hand not the right but I have stated all the time where I live that is not against the law. Not doing something when you could have is.
That maybe dumb for you but just think you are not bound by a law not to help but bound by law to do what you are trained. Cool EH.

Cheers
Foaming at the mouth

I started smelling a troll a few pages back in this thread, and the smell just keeps getting stronger... :1poke:

Firefyter:
[
I started smelling a troll a few pages back in this thread, and the smell just keeps getting]
stronger... :1poke:

What are you talking about.? Is that a cut ? If so. I would like to respond to that if you would spell it out for me. !!!!

Or are you trolling for something

Cheers
Foaming at the mouth

Also you made a comment earlier that "Foaming at the mouth" was my doing, show me that as well. Show me where I made any referance to 30 years diving or is it 29.]

Again. I thought it was you I realized it was not a long time ago as you did not mention it i forgot. (Foaming at the mouth)

Again that was from Gary D. (I wish I had 30 that way i would have another 12 or something like that?)

This has gotten way out there. As for firefyter (duh) I do not smell like a troll i just asked gollum and he said no maybe an ork. I have not been insulting it is not my style. I am guessing the Troll part is an insult. The DUH comes from your profile who knows maybe you like firemen i have no idea. That does show an attitude does it not.

I am going to be training with firemen (women) coast guard, and several dive companies Today as I have used the edit mode now. I am going to talk this over with them and ask what they think. And let you know.

sorry PRL for not being more clear about who I was talking too at certain times but I thought you would have been able to see that at times it had nothing to do with you.

What ever

Foaming at the mouth

wolf eel:
Also you made a comment earlier that "Foaming at the mouth" was my doing, show me that as well. Show me where I made any referance to 30 years diving or is it 29.]

Again. I thought it was you I realized it was not a long time ago as you did not mention it i forgot.

Again that was from Gary D.

This has gotten way out there. As for fierfyter (duh) I do not smell like a troll i just ask gollum and he said no. I have not been insulting it is not my style. I am going to be training with fire men (women) coast guard, and several dive companies, I am going to talk this over with them and ask what they think. And let you know.
sorry for not bing more clear about this bit but I thought you would have been able to see it.

What ever

Foaming at the mouth

hehe... Go to bed. I read that 3 times and I still don't understand most of it. Maybe in the morning you can make liberal use of the edit feature. :wink:

Joe

Sideband:
hehe... Go to bed. I read that 3 times and I still don't understand most of it. [
Maybe in the morning you can make liberal use of the edit feature. :wink: ]
Joe

Is that better you are right it was late

I hope you are having the most fun with this as I am.

Cheers
Foaming at the mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom