save a dive goodies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by funky__monks
I didn't notice anyone listing knife straps in their kits... Of all the gear I have, my knife straps are the ones that look the most ready to break...

That is because I don't use knife straps. Mine is attached to my harness in a sheath like you would get with a mini mag lite. If the two inch webbing on the sheath breaks, then I really need to stop diving that day anyway.

All the normal o-rings, straps and such....
plus a spare mask, tie wraps, cotton cord, cheapcheapcheap dive sausage (Basically a simple tube made from extra think plastic, it comes on every dive dive as a backup or for my buddy to use. It actually works pretty good.). Zipper lube, but not KY anymore (worried about that buddy with the condoms), o-ring grease (Nikonos), a spare knife, spare pressure guage. A key to my car, in a waterproof case, in case I "fergit" and leave my keys in my pocket (not that I have done that, right?)

Sometimes on my "find a buddy on the boat" trips, I bring along a spare computer to loan him/her. But, I'm becoming concerned with liability issues, so that practice will likely end.....

(oh, and my camera spares are much more extensive.).,

I carry most of what everyone else has mentioned plus at least 1 spare hp, inflator and regulator hoses (normal length). Having the spare HP hose saved me at least 5 dives on my Dry Tortugas trip when my original hose bulged on me. I also carry velcro and elastic straps with velcro closures. Don't forget the 2nd most useful scuba fix-it part, next to the zip-tie, duct tape. I think with duct tape and zip ties you can repair just about anything, including the dive boat.

I have many of the same things u guys have (but not everything, & I would love to be as complete as 'Fathoms.) I also include: triple antibiotic creme (somebody's always gettin' scraped on rocks), papaya pills (to aid in ear-clearing), and spray to de-tangle students' hair after the dive (they fuss if they look too bad at the taco joint afterwards. This is LA, you know!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom