Saturdays Cave Dives and Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Starryskies and I met up at Peacock Springs, and did 2 cave dives.

Dive 1 - 39 mins, max depth - 69ft, 600ft penetration past pothole sink

Dive 2 - 42 mins, max depth 56ft, 1000ft down Peanut Tunnel

Had a bit of a silt out on the way out, so had to OK the line a bit, but it was no big problem, and a good learning experience.

Heres the PICS

Not too thrilled with the one where I am equalizing but good pics none the less.

That little silt out incident was interesting - still wonder how that much of the Peanut Tunnel got trashed.

jviehe:
Dive 1 - 39 mins, max depth - 69ft, 600ft penetration past pothole sink

So did you gopast the gap at pothole?

Just curious, but what mix are guys using and what was your SI?

fgray1:
Just wondering. It not that easy to do in the peanut tunnel. wa it just before the peanut tunnel where it dips alittle?
:bounce:
Fred

Sorry starry, I just take em, I dont censor. :) I thought you were telling me I smelled.

Wendy, I was on air on that dive, and 25% on 2nd. I usually use 32%, but the tank already had air, didnt want to waste it. We did go past the gap at Pothole, but its no longer a gap, its a T with one line leading to the surface.

Fred, it was about 100ft beyond the sign, right in where it goes to single file, for about 100ft.

Very nice, I'm jealous, I went to Paradise today with the family, quite the experience.

Like when the video says from the Reaper sign at 99 ffw to the surface is 200 linear ft. (by the definition making it a cave dive).

Or when the "tech" diver next to us strapped on 2 knives, a pair of shears and a z-knife.

I can't complain too much though, it was a good time.

Ben

jviehe, nice pic, nice info. thanks for sharing

hey, OBG, they've upped the cavern limit to 200 linear feet penetration (and 100 feet depth max) so long as you are in the daylight zone and there are no restictions.

ah, yes... no daylight zone = cave

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom