Saturday's (5/22) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Today's dive was a random drift dive at 65 feet. It did not yield much in the way of photos.

Crowned Toby
About 1 and 1/2 inches in length
052204a.jpg

Pebble Collector Urchin
Not much to look at but somewhat interesting as they carry debris on them all day and shed it at night to roam the reef. I have collected numerous skeletons of them in various sizes. They look good lighted up with small clear light bulbs inside them. They look even better as Xmas tree ornaments placed over the small light bulbs.
052204b.jpg

The Toby is a cutie. I've got several urchin skeletons, we call them genie hats, and you're right, they make cool lighted Christmas ornaments.

Great exposures on both!

Nice pics, Jim. I didn't know an urchin could do that. Another bit to store on the bio memory.

We brought several skeletons back home last year. Using them as Christmas lights is a great idea and one we're gonna do this year.

The stuff behind the Urchin even looks like a christmas cactus....strange that I haven't seen stuff like that growing over here...
As always, great pics!
Lisa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom