Sat.-L. Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso,Timeliner and myself went to Lake Murray today for a bit of diving. We met up around 9amish and were in the water after visiting and kitting up sometime around 11am. The day was clear skies with a nice warm sunshine (60f). Myself and richerso were diving drysuits and Timeliner a heavy wetsuit. We had the lake to ourselves on the first dive,,,,,36 minutes at 24ffw/48f with vis of 8-10'. Saw no fish,,,but did find a nice boat anchor....left behind for the next divers. After a snack we hit the water for our second dive of the day... 45 minutes at 38ffw/47-48f with vis of 10'. Again no signs of fish but saw several interesting rock formations, and hearda power boat pass close by on their way out to fish. Great day of diving. After pulling up camp we headed out for a bite to eat and watched a bit of the Cowboy game before heading home.

Wow! I got home last night just to discover that my high speed internet connection crashed. It does that about once every two months. It usually takes me two to three days to get it working again. I don't know what the problem is.

I really enjoyed the diving yesterday. It was awesome! The viz was pretty good although we didn't get to see much on the desolate lunar landscape. Many thanks to Diveguy and Timeliner for a great outing. How did you guys like that greasy spoon restaurant?

Exactly where/when did you two find that boat anchor? I never did see it. Of course then again, I was too busy dorkin' with my drysuit buoyancy . . . and as Timeliner saw, I was hangin' upside down tryin' to figure out how to get the air out of my pant legs. Timeliner! I saw you laughing at me! Seriously, you guys saw that boat anchor on our first dive? Right? Diveguy, what heading were we running at that time? And how far into the heading were we? Do you remember? I have a buddy who collects boat anchors. We might want to be the "next divers" to go out there and collect that thing. If you don't remember, that's okay. I can always get there and then point my compass at that cove/inlet thing that we were aiming for. Did you guys find that anchor on the outbound leg or the return leg?

I had fun guys! Can't wait to do this again! But the holidays are approachin'.

richerso:
Wow! I got home last night just to discover that my high speed internet connection crashed. It does that about once every two months. It usually takes me two to three days to get it working again. I don't know what the problem is.

I really enjoyed the diving yesterday. It was awesome! The viz was pretty good although we didn't get to see much on the desolate lunar landscape. Many thanks to Diveguy and Timeliner for a great outing. How did you guys like that greasy spoon restaurant?

Exactly where/when did you two find that boat anchor? I never did see it. Of course then again, I was too busy dorkin' with my drysuit buoyancy . . . and as Timeliner saw, I was hangin' upside down tryin' to figure out how to get the air out of my pant legs. Timeliner! I saw you laughing at me! Seriously, you guys saw that boat anchor on our first dive? Right? Diveguy, what heading were we running at that time? And how far into the heading were we? Do you remember? I have a buddy who collects boat anchors. We might want to be the "next divers" to go out there and collect that thing. If you don't remember, that's okay. I can always get there and then point my compass at that cove/inlet thing that we were aiming for. Did you guys find that anchor on the outbound leg or the return leg?

I had fun guys! Can't wait to do this again! But the holidays are approachin'.

CALM down John,,,,it was a fairly new anchor....I picked it up and decided I was not caring that sucker the rest of the dive....so Frank gave a try...and came to the same concussion! You were probably just looking the wrong direction. And remember what I said about air in those drysuit legs---'tuck and roll'. We did have a good day,,,,I am ready for the trek to Lake Tenkiller in Jan..

Oh! The dry suit wasn't as bad as I made it sound. I have a flare for drama some times. It makes for a colorful story. It was kind of interesting hanging upside down though. Very interesting. I am aware of the tuck and roll -- and didn't forget about it in the heat of the moment. I am just not very good at executing it. And I think we were talking about Broken Bow; not Tenkiller. But, I am up for a trip to Tenkiller too. I've wanted to dive that lake since I was about 6. Go figure. I've always loved the water.

richerso:
Oh! The dry suit wasn't as bad as I made it sound. I have a flare for drama some times. It makes for a colorful story. It was kind of interesting hanging upside down though. Very interesting. I am aware of the tuck and roll -- and didn't forget about it in the heat of the moment. I am just not very good at executing it. And I think we were talking about Broken Bow; not Tenkiller. But, I am up for a trip to Tenkiller too. I've wanted to dive that lake since I was about 6. Go figure. I've always loved the water.

Yep--Broken Bow....'old age brain freeze'!! LOL :)

I liked "Stoolies" that was a good little place to stop and have a Beer 'er two and a Burger.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom