Santi Flex Sole - Hole and abrasion problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

insomnia

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just realized that I have wet right foot after dive. So far, I have done about 50 dives w/ my Santi Elite drysuit and no problems until now. Looking closer on my right Flex Sole, I found a hole in it on the left side (image attached). I also realized that both soles are abraded on both sides. I am using standard DiveSytem tech fins and never had a problem. I wrote to Santi distributor here in Czech Republic and I am curious what they come back with.

Do you guys have the same problem with Santi Flex Sole?

Thanks in advance for any comments

BTW I tried to put this comment into SANTI manufacturer forum but it seem to be closed. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/santi-diving-equipment/

11749505_676676045799782_1947652318_n.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks. Yeah, they shut their forum just after their silly "United we stand" slogan was released when they "joined forces" with Halcyon and dropped (?) OEO, maybe it was out of embarrassment. Hope you get it sorted, post back what Santi says. I just checked my boots, they show no signs of similar wear. You might need to change fins. Good luck.

Last edited:
I wrote to local Santi authorized dealer and now waiting for the response. I was told they usually respond in 2 working days. Fins are the best I ever had ... especially the foot pocket is excellent / way better than Scubapro Jetfin.

I wrote to local Santi authorized dealer and now waiting for the response. I was told they usually respond in 2 working days. Fins are the best I ever had ... especially the foot pocket is excellent / way better than Scubapro Jetfin.

I hear you, but if the fins are causing the wear I see no other long term solution. Just to throw it out there, I'm not a fan of Jets either, I use the Mares Power Planas which are a softer rubber with a much more anotomically correct foot pocket and therefore more comfortable fin and possibly in your case the added bonus of not holing boots. Might be worth looking into if no other solution i.e alternate cause of holing can be found. Good luck.

I changed out the flex-soles for their standard boots. I didn't think the Flex-soles would stand up and my feet were getting cold. The "standard boot" is a 6mm neoprene completely covered in rubber. It's the same as the boots on my Viking Pro-Tech... It has maybe 175 dives on it and the boots show absolutely no signs of wear.

The Flex-sole boots reminded me of a pair of deck shoes... just too light duty for diving IMHO.

Regarding your specific problem, I suspect that a generous layer or two of Aquaseal would patch those up and cut down on wear...

Yep, I also had cold feet in Winter. On the other hand, I like the flexibility of Flex Soles.

I am waiting for response from Santi and then will see what to do. Aquaseal is one of the options for sure (thanks).

Must say I thought the Flex-soles looked a little light duty too. Funny thing is when I had the suit made the rep lent me some boots so I could size appropriate fins. I didn't know any if this before hand but, when the suit arrived the boots were the "Flex soles" but he had given me, I'm guessing, the 6mm boots to try so I ended up with fins that did not fit and had to sell at a loss, I wasnt overly impressed. Yes, the boots worry me as does the tizip.

I just received email from Santi stating that warranty does not cover this kind of damage.

Of course they offered to replace boots with new ones for quite high cost. What a surprise?

I am now thinking of repairing my boots here locally and do not pay anything extra to Santi. I think I paid already a lot for Elite drysuit and expect better support for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm... I don't think an offer of a discount on the repair would have been too unreasonabl given how many times it's been used. It's not like they're cheap suits, you'd expect them to last a little longer than 50 dives, goodwill and all that. Bummer, that sucks a little. You should be able to successfully repair it your self though. Lucky it wasn't the zip I guess. Good luck.

Santi is very business oriented company. Mr. Stachura and Santi want to be perceived as "divers for divers" but is is pure "business for business". I personally like the cut of my MTM Elite drysuit and some other details but built quality and customer service are poor. I would buy Fourth Element Argonaut if I had to buy a new drysuit now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom